• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i often do not agree with this 2 dufus but their points are legit this time

His own stats show why he is so very wrong. 7-5 in sig strikes doesn't wash away 13-7 total strikes and half the round in top control.

Also round 4 he says was Franks but the stats are more open to argue that it was Gane's. If the 4th was Franks the 5th surely was .
Okay but now you're ignoring Gane's takedown and top control in the fifth and Gane's submission attempts.

i think however u score the fight on initial watch is the way to go and analyzing a close fight after the fact won't prove much.

the judges don't get 2 days and 3 angles to make up their mind. its in the moment and its really based on how they feel.

sure theres criteria but often times when a round is close, it's hard to pin point exactly why a round should go one way or the other.

and 5 minutes is a lot of time to judge. it seems the early parts of rounds don't get judged the same as the later portions. im not sure what the strikes to takedown ratio has to be to earn the round but i imagine its not 1:1.

Only watched the first video.

Cliffs
  • He says Ngannou won round 3 and 4 was close and wouldn't have an issue with giving it to Ngannou
  • He says Gane had 1,2,5 without doubt
  • He says sections of the most recent Unified Rules on Effective Striking/Grappling and Aggressiveness would have Gane as the winner but people are using the older if a fighter has control on top we score it for them even without inflecting damage or submission attempts
  • Gane outlanded Ngannou in signaficant strikes
  • Gane outlanded Ngannou in total strikes
  • Gane had more submission attempts(2) over Ngannou who had 0

Here's the metrics he's using

Edit(im only providing cliffs so no one attack me here)

View attachment 904414
I’d say a successful sweep is more effective and indeed aggressive than a sub attempt that doesn’t even come close.

I highly respect Weasel and his content, but he missed the mark on this one. He gives Gane way too much credit for submission attempts, overlooking how Gane’s sub attempts weren’t close to ending the fight and also sacrificed his positions standing and on the ground. Also, Weasel gave no credit to ngannou for top control, which included numerous dominant positions and a few ground n pound shots.

ngganou rightful won the fight

Thst submission attempt cost gane.he was surviving after that

Wow this fat slob is retarded. Why would the UFC rig a fight in favor of a guy who is trying to get out of his contract?

I got ten seconds into the hambeard's video and saw/heard enough.

Wouldn’t say Robbery but I thought Gane did more in the 5th whilst Ngannou literally just laid on top for dear life. Wasn’t exactly the most super convincing win but whatever.

he s been wrong many times before
I highly respect Weasel and his content, but he missed the mark on this one. He gives Gane way too much credit for submission attempts, overlooking how Gane’s sub attempts weren’t close to ending the fight and also sacrificed his positions standing and on the ground. Also, Weasel gave no credit to ngannou for top control, which included numerous dominant positions and a few ground n pound shots.

ngganou rightful won the fight

What people making this argument don't get:

It doesn't matter what the theoretical correct application of the criteria is...

If you know how judges ALWAYS score fights, you would know Francis would get R5 for top control.

For better or worse, that is the way it is.

Wow man in the last 24h you really are on a streak of ridiculous threads

Okay but now you're ignoring Gane's takedown and top control in the fifth and Gane's submission attempts.
His TD was reversed fairly quickly. He went for a heel hook but so did Francis. Frank had 2 + minutes more top control.

Back