• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'I Never Had Any Friends Later On Like the Ones I Had When I Was Twelve.'

It is because children aren't fully formed yet, and are naive. Adults learn to build defenses and use subtle trickery on others to get what they want (the smart ones, anyway). Children are earnest, while adults are generally deceptive, as life really requires it, to a certain degree. I say this as a person who hates dishonesty, but the older I get, the more I realize that the nature of life itself warps us into beings which our child's self would not even recognize, except perhaps as monsters.

No, they stand by a dead guy.

I didnt have the greatest childhood but it was certainly the most memorable times as you are still as caring and innocent as can be. Then the world takes its grip on you full force and everything changes.

Luckilly, I am now in a position where I can find that 12 year old kid in me who wanted to chase dreams and explore. In the end, that should be everyones goal. To rediscover that adventurous part of themselves that wanted something more out of life and wouldnt settle for just mediocre.

Your friends you grew up with shaped you into who you are. It makes sense when you grew together that you would have the most in common. It makes a lot of sense.

I think fraternity brothers or military brothers can be closer. I would argue the male friends you have in your late teens and early 20s are there during many formative years the only clash is inevitably some will become whipped but unlike at age 12 most of all you by this age have had women and wont always change your mind so easily.
Ya i would say the only guys who come close to my 'grade school buddies' were guys I played on Competitive Sports Teams with for many years in a row.

That feeling of fighting a common foe, being in the trenches together. Fighting for one another does build significant bonds.

I've been through the circumstantial friend in job and school situations. I did learn though, I don't really spend a lot of time jaw jacking or opening myself up to that kind of stuff anymore. In fact, most people in my life get pissy with me because I don't give them much to work with, hell, they are lucky to get anything out of me at this point. I try to be good to people, if they need help, I give it to the point where it starts to fuck things up for me, even now, I still feel I give more than I get from most of my relationships be they a customer, friend, family. I think we are really taught to be selfish,manipulative in our country, capitalism turns us all into cons.
I see people blaming capitalism more and more, as the education system blames it for all of man's ills, but it isn't capitalism's fault. Capitalism is just the (best, so far) system for meeting people's needs. No matter what system you have in place, people will still face resource pressures and compete in various ways, often in unscrupulous ways. It is simply the nature of life in the universe. Most people don't understand that, because most people are clueless and not very bright. The average IQ is 100, and that is not very bright. Half the population is even less bright, to put it nicely. Competition is life.

You aren't just offended by his post but deeply upset. You clearly have a lot of issues and are likely deeply depressed.
Lol @ your amateur psychology. I was pointing out his hypocrisy. People like him don't even realize that they are being dishonest. I understand that your feels are hurt because I have challenged your safe view of reality. Deal with it. "yOu hAvE iSSuES."

I see people blaming capitalism more and more, as the education system blames it for all of man's ills, but it isn't capitalism's fault. Capitalism is just the (best, so far) system for meeting people's needs. No matter what system you have in place, people will still face resource pressures and compete in various ways, often in unscrupulous ways. It is simply the nature of life in the universe. Most people don't understand that, because most people are clueless and not very bright. The average IQ is 100, and that is not very bright. Half the population is even less bright, to put it nicely. Competition is life.

No they arent but conning your way through life isnt the way to go and its exhausting just dealing with.

My best friend and I have been friends since we were 7 and my second best friend and I have been friends since we were 9. Now we’re 37 and I’m still closer with the two of them than I am with my own two brothers.

dfc8cb129ab71d78c9d7d5cc3206e197866a4673afdb7bb3589bbd64c0000b36_1.jpg

This is depressing and very true. I mean you can attain wealth, freedom, babes and all kinds of fun but it never measures up to the bliss when you are in your pre-teen.

Also generally speaking, you tend to be hopeful for the future because life hasn't happened yet. So you have extreme optimism. But reality never lives up to fantasy and you end up feeling empty inside.

Back