I need to know if Nick Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal is a distinct possibility here

Lol at thinking Dana's word means anything. "But Dana said" LOL you must ride the short bus to school. 100% I guarantee you that Conor vs Masvidal will happen during the summer
Believe me, I don't take everything Dana says as truth, but this I do, for the reasons I mentioned. It's not like everything he says is a lie. Mcgregor is a cash cow for Dana. What would be the point of a fight with Masvidal? Dana knows there's a very real chance that Conor gets knocked out into fucking oblivion, which is the kind of thing that could cause Conor to walk away permanently (that is if it hasn't happened already).

If Conor wins, sure, it's a great win, but what's next after that? Conor's future isn't at ww. He's fought at fw for fuck's sake. There's also nothing that would cause anyone to believe that Conor will win that fight. He's pretty evenly matched with Diaz, who Masvidal just finished tossing around the octagon for three rounds. If it wasn't for Nate's granite chin, he would've gone to sleep in the first. Moreover, Conor's gas tank sucks, and there's no way he's decisioning Masvidal over 5 rounds. He has no paths to victory. Masvidal's never been finished in the UFC, and has only been tko'd once in 48 career fights. Conor won't be the one to break the cycle. You know it and I know it. The fight makes no sense, and most likely will only tarnish Conor's brand in the end. Before you tell me that I ride the short bus to school, why don't you try to use some of those wonderful critical thinking skills you clearly don't possess. Hur dur it's a money fight so it'll happen. Sure it is, but you can shear a sheep many times, but can only skin it once. Believe me Dana isn't stupid. He wants Conor in the UFC as long as possible. Throwing him into the lion's den isn't going to extend his longevity in the organization.

Yup. While framing this as the OG BMFer seeking revenge for baby brother they got a bigun right here. Low hanging fruit really.

And nick seems more motivated than I can actually remember

Agreed on Masvidal smashing both Diaz’s and marking legendary status
I wouldn’t fall for it (Motivated Nick), I can already hear it: “I don’t need this shit (fighting). I got screwed. Wah wah wah
-Nick Diaz”

Cmon Sherdog let me have it right now because I need to know.

And no that’s not a Debbie Gibson song.

I was thinking Conor would be a no 1 grosser but the more this one intensifies the more I’ll start to think this has raging unintentional drama and blockbuster written all over it.

Let’s make it happen. For a fitting unretireement fight let’s support this possibility into fruition

First of all you don't need to know anything.
Second, Nick Diaz is a few years away from needing full-time help to go to the bathroom. That poor guy is fried.

That fight is never happening, TS.

We need to start banning people who dont have even slightest idea that a crack head versus real fighter is not going to happen lol

If we build it, they will come.

I highly doubt this happens. Nick Diaz seems very turned off by the idea of fighting professionally.

I don't think so. Did you see him on the Helwani show acting like some sort of incoherent being? I would of thought they would have a hard time giving that the green light but if there's a way to make money the UFC will give it there best shot.

Well,
After watching Nicks lstest interview with Ariel...im pretty sure Nick is done with fighting.

Also if you havent fought in like 5 years...and the comeback fight is Masvidal...that is some fucking bad news.

I don't think so. Did you see him on the Helwani show acting like some sort of incoherent being? I would of thought they would have a hard time giving that the green light but if there's a way to make money the UFC will give it there best shot.

Honestly imo that nick wasn’t too different from the ones I’ve seen before. People say he was fried but that’s Fukin nick Diaz. He’s always been a burnout badass. He was talking like this after and before the Gomi fight (yes confirmed blazed out of his tree DURING the actual fight). Some of you have some short ass memories.

This is the first time I’ve seen nick talk on his brothers behalf in this way. He’s fired up.

Also did Nick actually say in the interview that Nate ‘summoned’ me to go get Masvidal s ass now? Is that what he meant in that nick warble?

Nobody should sanction Nick Diaz to fight.

I was just thinking the single fastest way to get MMA de-certified would be to have this fight. The impact of playing Nick's interviews during congressional proceedings would annihilate any argument that this was a sport vs profiteering off of mental patients.

I have no doubt the UFC would make this fight given the opportunity, they just need to sober Nick up, get him through a drug test and have him pass a medical.

If he can manage all of that then they'll give him a decent pay day to get knocked out and embarrassed by Masvidal.

That'll look good for Masvidal too, first guy to finish both Diaz brothers.

it wasnt made at ufc 235

Cmon Sherdog let me have it right now because I need to know.

And no that’s not a Debbie Gibson song.

I was thinking Conor would be a no 1 grosser but the more this one intensifies the more I’ll start to think this has raging unintentional drama and blockbuster written all over it.

Let’s make it happen. For a fitting unretireement fight let’s support this possibility into fruition

after 6 years who really wants to see nick diaz fight.

This delusion needs to end. Why the fuck would a fighter getting a top 3, big money, or title shot take on someone who hasn't won a fight since 2011, which was against BJ Penn who hasn't won since 2010.

I get the novelty, and I love that the Diaz brothers put on good fights, but this division has already been held up enough.

Also, Nick is pretty damn out of it, so even if he DID get cleared and pass testing, that would probably take at least 6 months to get in shape, off booze and weed, run a training camp and plenty of time to sell. Hence, no FUCKING WAY should Nick just slip inbetween there. You want to do another BMF moronic belt thing, wait til ;

a) Mas gets his earned title shot.
b) gets anyone top 5 for a bigger payday
c) cashes in on Connor

All my old friends know who Nick is, people that got interested around 2006/TuF... but they also all know that he hasn't dont shit in going on 9 years...

Nick is bigger than title fight for legacy . Smash both brothers makes him a legend. Being wrestlefucked 5 rds by Usman not so much

This delusion needs to end. Why the fuck would a fighter getting a top 3, big money, or title shot take on someone who hasn't won a fight since 2011, which was against BJ Penn who hasn't won since 2010.

I get the novelty, and I love that the Diaz brothers put on good fights, but this division has already been held up enough.

Also, Nick is pretty damn out of it, so even if he DID get cleared and pass testing, that would probably take at least 6 months to get in shape, off booze and weed, run a training camp and plenty of time to sell. Hence, no FUCKING WAY should Nick just slip inbetween there. You want to do another BMF moronic belt thing, wait til ;

a) Mas gets his earned title shot.
b) gets anyone top 5 for a bigger payday
c) cashes in on Connor

All my old friends know who Nick is, people that got interested around 2006/TuF... but they also all know that he hasn't dont shit in going on 9 years...
Not sure why this narrative can’t Be even entertained. It’s a gddam message board for crymes sake.

Couple things
I’m in no way intending that nick is going to beat Masvidals ass.
This fight isn’t on the immediate docket for a plethora of reasons. I just think it’s a possibility if done in the next year or two max. Anything after no way

If you’re a Diaz brother you definitely don’t want you and your baby brothers legacy destroyed by a single dude. How awesome would that be?

The ESPN special on this narrative would be worthy

Back