I miss Zhuravlev. What happened?

• Thread starter Deleted member 576123
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 576123

I was so hard for this guy. Watched all of his KB fights and loved his style. He, along with JLB were my 1 and 2 all timers. I just couldn't get enough of watching him.

He disappeared from Glory.

Was the rumour online about (HIV I think???) geared towards him, or am I miles out with that memory?

I don"t think he"s sick, just Glory probably giving up on him. They needed more Dutchies, the former matchmakers. :)) And Pavel is more expensive as we know.

The hiv theory was discussed on here a while ago. The only thing we actually know is that Pavel fought on a card were someone tested positive for hiv. He was cut from the promotion immediately after and his interim title was vacated and he didn’t fight for 2 years after that. No official statement has been made by Glory or Pavel on his departure from the promotion. On the surface it’s not difficult to see a possible correlation but was and is conjecture. Broadcast here claims to have some sort of connection to Pavel and says he doesn’t have hiv. I don’t have any way of knowing what if any actual association Brodcast actually has with Pavel or his team but I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and take his word for it.

I might be wrong. The fighter who tested positive fought in a particularly bloody bout. I don't remember Zhuralev bleeding in his fight at Glory 52 or did he?

I might be wrong. The fighter who tested positive fought in a particularly bloody bout. I don't remember Zhuralev bleeding in his fight at Glory 52 or did he?
The fighter that tested positive was never identified.

The fighter that tested positive was never identified.
It must have been some American bum. Pavel is a serious guy who wouldn"t put in danger the life of the others, plus his wife is a doctor. He did blood tests in K-1, Superkombat and Bigger"s Better. I think they took samples even in Croatia. Serious promotions have some protocols, others probably receive any tests.

He is a very known fighter. The Zhuravlevs are a nice couple, they also have a daughter.

Just because he stopped fighting in Glory means nothing. Moroșanu also stopped, because of the purse and agents. He was unsatisfied.

It must have been some American bum. Pavel is a serious guy who wouldn"t put in danger the life of the others, plus his wife is a doctor. He did blood tests in K-1, Superkombat and Bigger"s Better. I think they took samples even in Croatia. Serious promotions have some protocols, others probably receive any tests.

He is a very known fighter. The Zhuravlevs are a nice couple, they also have a daughter.

Just because he stopped fighting in Glory means nothing. Moroșanu also stopped, because of the purse and agents. He was unsatisfied.
On his wikipedia record there was a fight announced for 28th of march against Moriba Kosiah. Did it get cancelled because of covid?

Think he's been scheduled for a fight in FEA more recently too, an event that's been postponed a couple times now :x

Is it common for promotions to test every fighter for sexually transmitted diseases, or was this specific to the athletic commission?

Is it common for promotions to test every fighter for sexually transmitted diseases, or was this specific to the athletic commission?

No, it is not from what I know. Less serious/ less professional promotions accept documents straight from the fighters. Ukraine is not the US, it can be easily rigged. In Europe, even in the EU and in West, we still have a lot of forgery. But like I said, from what I know, Pavel was tested multiple times. In my opinion it should be obligatory by law all over the world the promotions to test the fighters, at least like you said for transmitted diseases. But if the US are testing them against steroids, all the Earth must be regulated. The problem is that many companies would cease to exist. Lol.

And those type of commissions aren"t popular in Europe. In Amsterdam, they lost the license years ago not because of an athletic commission, but because of the some judge/politically.

There is antidoping though, even Romania has an agency affiliated to the WADA. Here there is also another problem, in most of the time and the continent fighters aren"t tested.

No, it is not from what I know. Less serious/ less professional promotions accept documents straight from the fighters. Ukraine is not the US, it can be easily rigged. In Europe, even in the EU and in West, we still have a lot of forgery. But like I said, from what I know, Pavel was tested multiple times. In my opinion it should be obligatory by law all over the world the promotions to test the fighters, at least like you said for transmitted diseases. But if the US are testing them against steroids, all the Earth must be regulated. The problem is that many companies would cease to exist. Lol.

And those type of commissions aren"t popular in Europe. In Amsterdam, they lost the license years ago not because of an athletic commission, but because of the some judge/politically.

There is antidoping though, even Romania has an agency affiliated to the WADA. Here there is also another problem, in most of the time and the continent fighters aren"t tested.
This is more or less my understanding. Promotions themselves don’t usually test for these kinds of things unless they are mandated by a collaborative sanctioning body or whatever state/provincial commission or government overseeing a prospective event .

I figured that. It's just strange that you don't hear about this happening more often. Honestly I can't think of another case in combat sports where I heard a fighter flunked an HIV test. I'm sure there are examples but its not common.

I figured that. It's just strange that you don't hear about this happening more often. Honestly I can't think of another case in combat sports where I heard a fighter flunked an HIV test. I'm sure there are examples but its not common.
well only the fighter can come out and say they have HIV because of medical privacy laws. Glory never even acknowledged this happened. If Marco Rosales would not have sued the California state athletic commission for being forced to ref a bout with an HIV positive fighter we would have never known

Back