I miss the UFC from a few years ago

while i do miss ariels post fight interviews, i certainly do not miss DW demonstrating his people = sheeple mentality on a regular basis.

thing i miss the most is the certain level of base-enthusiasm for numbered ufcs back when the talent hasnt been as spread out as nowadays.

Less Dana White and less watered down card would be like paradise.

Back in the days (5-6 yo ago), we had like 10-12 events every year. Each PPV was STACKED, it was an happening, something we were waiting for. (I actually bought PPVs at that time)
They didn't air prelims 5-6 years ago. The cards were just as "watered down," you just weren't exposed to it. They weren't as stacked as you remember. That was around the time when numbered UFC cards were headlined by Sanchez vs Stevenson, Marquardt vs Okami, Rampage vs Hamill, Bisping vs Akiyama, Mir vs Cro Cop, Couture vs Coleman, and so on. A fight like Franklin vs Belfort (which headlined UFC 103) would be a Fight Night nowadays.

Imagine if we missed some fights instead of random nosense crap worth nothing.

I miss my enthusiasm for MMA. Too much bullshit these days. It's more about what's happening before and after the fight than during.

this exactly rember when penn gsp 2 happened and all that shit talking was like a new thing that not many guys had done to that point. as entertaining as i thought sonnen was now everyone thinks they should do what he did and its just super stale at this point ... just let me watch some good scraps ufc i dont care about the drama

They didn't air prelims 5-6 years ago. The cards were just as "watered down," you just weren't exposed to it. They weren't as stacked as you remember. That was around the time when numbered UFC cards were headlined by Sanchez vs Stevenson, Marquardt vs Okami, Rampage vs Hamill, Bisping vs Akiyama, Mir vs Cro Cop, Couture vs Coleman, and so on. A fight like Franklin vs Belfort (which headlined UFC 103) would be a Fight Night nowadays.

i disagree. yeah, those months after ufc 100 were certainly lacking.
however, just because prelims werent broadcast doesnt mean you couldnt watch them. also youre taking those fights completely out of context; while sanchez v stevenson seems laughable from todays perspective, back in the day that fight had an interesting backstory & buildup. marquardt v okami also took place within a significant context (i believe it was for the #1 contender spot).
the problem nowadays isnt really the level of talent (which has very obviously risen constantly - at least at the top) but the fact that theres rarely enough time to produce storylines & relevance. talent / skill is only one of multiple reasons to care for fighters & fights.

but then again i mightve just been less picky a couple of years ago..

What was the interesting backstory to Sanchez vs Stevenson?

I miss loaded cards. I would love it if they could have as many fights as they do now but that each card were loaded. And get Bas in there instead of Goldie. He'd tell Rogan to calm down and school him on striking.

Bas is also the same man who dismisses jabs as real punches.

"Keep everything simple, don't try anything crazy and all your strikes must be hard! NOTHING WEAK, no jabs or weak attacks"

I miss the best mma being held in Japan

Newbs...if you knew any better...you would start a thread that says...."God, I miss Pride!"

Back