I miss Paul "Relentless" Taylor!

Paul Kelly was the one with wolfslair tatted on his back. And he also got his ribs destroyed by a Siver spinning back kick
Yes Paul "Telly" Kelly...because he used to steal televisions and run with them in his hands.

I always got taylor/kelly confused name wise - they really didn't look or fight the same - I believe they even fought

He was a pretty mediocre and most of his fights went to decision - not sure what there is to miss?

Nicknamed relentless and he really was relentless! I miss his karate based kickboxing style. He had a very high guard and kept his hands up at all times. Great kicks and punching combos to top it up.

Its weird, I look for his fights and its like it doesn't exist anymore. No interviews or any highlights around in any video formats. A great fighter who retired on a win and just disappeared without ever being mentioned again.

Do you guys remember his wars with Paul Kelly, Marcus Davis and Chris Lytle?

Him kickboxing before he became UFC fighter:

Paul Taylor vs Gabe Ruediger was at the time my biggest bet on a single fight ever. Paul Taylor bless.

He just lacked power, that was his issue when it came to breaking into the top of the division. He was a slightly worse more kick heavy version of Sam Stout.

He was so British. 100% British name, 100% British tatoos and no ground game to speak of. Fun to watch.

More than we do posting wrestling gifs on sherdog.

b0ad728bfc9a3871-600x338.gif
The gif that broke Sabu's neck....classic

Paul Kelly was the one with wolfslair tatted on his back. And he also got his ribs destroyed by a Siver spinning back kick

Ahh..

Did he ever fight taylor? I remember taylor fighting another paul?

Yes, Paul Kelly and Paul Taylor was an epic fight and tons of combos done by Taylor.

Yes i remember this fight...cuz the commentary was funny trying to separate the Pauls and the fight was action packed

Big Dan doesn't know who you are talking about

UK13eNm.gif

but i do...

War Paul

HorribleEcstaticFlies-size_restricted.gif

and War Telly's Kelly too!

Good to see one of my fav fighters of all time mentioned here again.

Relentless had a ton of great fights, but spent most of his career at the wrong weight class before finally dropping down and losing a bs decision to stout and then killing Cake Ruediger. Sadly injuries halted his career too early.

Yes Paul "Telly" Kelly...because he used to steal televisions and run with them in his hands.

kind of.. he’s called “Tellies” but it’s tongue in cheek. People with big lats are said to walk as if they’re carrying two tellies under each arm

I'm going to have to go and watch Taylor/Davis on Fight Pass now that you've mentioned him.

kind of.. he’s called “Tellies” but it’s tongue in cheek. People with big lats are said to walk as if they’re carrying two tellies under each arm
I'm pretty sure it's also cus hes a criminal and used to steal tellies from pawn shops.

Good to see one of my fav fighters of all time mentioned here again.

Relentless had a ton of great fights, but spent most of his career at the wrong weight class before finally dropping down and losing a bs decision to stout and then killing Cake Ruediger. Sadly injuries halted his career too early.

Very likeable character. seems like a cool guy to train and hang out with. I always enjoyed his interview, very real:

Came to say how good this fight was.

I miss that era of fighters.

View attachment 692645

I feel the same, they fought with no regards to the criteria of winning or ranking. A very raw approach towards combat and show casing warrior spirit regardless of outcome.

Back