• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I miss Mousasi: At his peak he was probably the best MW ever

In his prime he had better striking than both, but that was prior to his debut. He seemed unmotivated in the UFC.
NTM3NjY.gif

Great fighter and very talented, top 5 MW, but wouldn't call him the best ever MW, as you say.

I like Moose as a fighter but Machida beat him easily. I was on his bandwagon back then. I thought he was savvy enough to beat Machida's game. Machida ended up frustrating him in that fight.

Even the rematch with 40-41 year old Lyoto was fairly close.

I see Mousasi hate, I immediately assume it's a casual/uneducated fan spewing it. Dude's resume is insane. Not the best MW ever tho.
If someone doesn’t ageee with me then THEY ARE A CASUAL

Moose was never the best. Then he moved to Bellator and got beat by fuckin shlemenko.

Tough, skilled, versatile and had entertaining fights. His career does not reflect 'best ever' status. There's always someone that wants to make a contrary opinion so they can feel like a more dedicated fan who has seen something other people haven't. I like him too but you have definitely overstepped lol..

About the only thing I agree with in that thread is he'd have beaten Bisping whilst Bisping was the UFC champion, that's not saying much though as a number of MWs would also have battered Bisping if they'd gotten the chance. Moose is a great fighter, his longevity is impressive af but he's never been the best and as for the MW Goat conversation he's top 5 at absolute best, if that.

Cool dude for sure....his ""I d0n't give a fuck ""attitude!....

He lacked strength, but his technique and talent was unrivalled. If he accepted the offer ufc wanted to give him and continued in the ufc, now he would probably be considered by most as the MW GOAT.
Mousasi was really good, but MW GOAT is a stretch... top 5 for sure tho, but Anderson Silva is alone on top of that mountain.

He lacked strength, but his technique and talent was unrivalled. If he accepted the offer ufc wanted to give him and continued in the ufc, now he would probably be considered by most as the MW GOAT.

He wasn't worthy to carry Silvas water.

I think moose could have beat whittaker, it's a shame he left ufc. I think his only weakpoint was his psysical strenght, he looked a bit easy to takedown at time and i doubt it's a technical issue.

Reactions: Ruv
Gegard Mousasi is a top 5 middleweight all time( arguably top 3 ).
The fact that hes been champ- top 5 - top 10 over 2 decades over every top promotion while never losing 2 in a row and never tasting a ko .
This and the fact of winning 50 while basically counting his losses on one hand makes him one of the greatest fighters ever to grace cage/ ring.

His greatest shortcomings are pre fight stuff and mental that have led him to some underachieving performances in some big spots.
Also - remaining loyal to a myriad of people behind him have come at a cost .

I believe the last few fights he had in UFC was the best / peak of what Gegard couldve continued to be. I have to be honest and say a degree of laziness impeded the absolute growth of Gegard and coming from me , well....... .Although I may not have right saying that about someone whose longevity of relevance will never be seen again.

Back