I lost last night...

Jason Barnett

White Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I dropped a decision to Earl Ladson. I can't argue with the way the judges scored it. I didn't let my hands go....almost like I was thinking way too much. I knew Earl was there to fight, and I he did just enough by throwing flurries to the body to make it look like he was the busier fighter.

The sun rose again this morning, and I will get back in the gym to prepare for whatever is next. Every loss is disappointing, and it makes you question why you sacrifice so much for the small opportunities that come. But I guess that is why I am a fighter, and I will keep doing it until it is no longer fun for me.

^freakin EY.....spittin image of calzaghe.

How do you figure? I must have missed the cock sticking out of his mouth then.

lol calzaghe is suck a prick

fair play to him for stepping up to fight the biggest fight out there in rjj . sure joe ! and then retire cause there no one else

he's a fraud

head up jason

would you consider fighting at crusier weight ?

i have to say looking at the audley fight i felt the crusier weight would be a better weight for you .

you could fight rob colloway is a sherdog vs boxrec fight

Just wondered, do you earn enough from boxing to consider it a full time job, or do you have a job aside from boxing? I'm not aware of pay scales, if you have sponsors etc, just wondered if the guys who are not on the top bills are getting enough to get themselves and their families by?

Good luck next time. From the brutal KO clip, it looks like you should snap the jab a little more, & double it on occasion to keep your opponent off. Do you like to use your open glove to camouflage the right a la Pavlik? Or does that cause hand problems?

Killer right, by the way.

Keep your head up bro. I lost my MMA-Vale Tudo debut in May... I know how it is NOW to lose... shit sucks and you feel like shit. Like you said the sun rises the next day and you wake up with a fire under your ass to do better, train harder and run over whoever your next opponent is. Best of luck man.

Just wondered, do you earn enough from boxing to consider it a full time job, or do you have a job aside from boxing? I'm not aware of pay scales, if you have sponsors etc, just wondered if the guys who are not on the top bills are getting enough to get themselves and their families by?

There is no way I could live like I do on what I earn from boxing. My biggest payday was the $10k for the Audley Harrison fight. I did get $7k to fight Vinny Maddalone - those are my two highest boxing paydays.
I am one of the small percentages of fighters who have a degree and a cushy, white-collar job outside the ring. With the Harrison fight this year, it is pushing me closer to my first time filing taxes with income over $100k. If there is a downside to that, it is that sometimes I wonder if my fire/desire for fighting would be stronger if I had to struggle to make ends meet. That was the purpose of my first boxing coach taking me to East St. Louis to train. He wanted me to be in a poverty type environment to build some hunger. He said I wouldn't have it with the way I was growing up...aka....spoiled. :icon_chee

I always tell people that in boxing, 1% of the fighters make 99% of the money. The rest of us are fighting over the scraps.

Good luck next time. From the brutal KO clip, it looks like you should snap the jab a little more, & double it on occasion to keep your opponent off. Do you like to use your open glove to camouflage the right a la Pavlik? Or does that cause hand problems?

Killer right, by the way.

Funny you should mention that technique. The Florida officials have gotten very strick about "posting" an opponent. I'm always getting warned about the stiff arm I put on my opponents' foreheads looking for the right. The refs now include this as part of their pre-fight instructions in the dressing rooms.

Back