I Like Mir

melvinj0

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
But I really don't think he matches up well with Cormier at all. Mir has and always will struggle with powerful wrestlers (Carwin and Lesnar), and now he is probably going to fight perhaps one of the most powerful wrestlers in MMA. I wouldn't mind Mir proving me wrong, but I think Cormier is just going to blast right through him.

This fight will most likely look like Cormier/Monson, with Cormier possibly getting a finish. Mir won't be able to get him to the ground, and will struggle on the feet.

This fight will most likely look like Cormier/Monson, with Cormier possibly getting a finish. Mir won't be able to get him to the ground, and will struggle on the feet.

this

Agreed, I think Cormiers striking is much better than Mir's and he will be able to score a TKO most likely in the 2nd or 3rd round.

ye

cormier hits like a train and im not sure if mir can take those bombs from him

obvious, mir has lost to every wrestler he's faced, well except tank :)

cormier tko round 1!

I think we can all agree that Mir's night will most likely suck pretty bad. I've always been a fan of his but I don't see him winning against Cormier. Not unless Cormier shows up completely out of shape or something.

Mir is a seasoned veteran and a 2X former champion, which I respect.

He's also obtained therapeutic use exemption for Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) from the Nevada State Athletic Commission in early 2012. That I have mixed feelings about...

Anyhow Cormier blasts Mir IMO

Mir would beat Cormier standing or on the ground.

I like Mir too, but don't think he has enough fast twitch or KO resistance to win against Cormier.

Mir can win any fight on the ground,unfortunately Cormier wont let it go there.

If you notice Cormier/Cain dont use BJJ on top and they use only GNP,this way tgey control their opponents better and avoid subs better as well.

I am excited for this fight. Mir will probably lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if he won honestly.

frank-mir-headphones.gif

Mir is always a wildcard. He always has the potential to put out a win.

Strangely enough Mir always gets a lot of supporters in fights that are not a good match for him (Carwin, JDS, Cormier), even though he never delivers in those situations.

Not unless Cormier shows up completely out of shape or something.

And we all know that isn't going to happen because Cormier said after Mir he is going for Jon Jones. Which means he is already focusing on getting into better shape to drop weight classes.

Mir is pretty much doomed.

Back