I like Jiri too but the dude barely fights once a year

Portland8242

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know he came off a nasty shoulder injury but he only fought once a year before it too.

He made his debut the pandemic year in 2020 July against Oezdimir.

Only fought Reyes, Glover and Alex since then.

Poatan for example has debut'd in the November 2021 MSG show - and has fought a stunning 7 times since then.

Active champion is a lot better. All due respect to Jiri but I can't stand champs who only fight once a year. Poatan winning is better for everything.

I know he came off a nasty shoulder injury but he only fought once a year before it too.

He made his debut the pandemic year in 2020 July against Oezdimir.

Only fought Reyes, Glover and Alex since then.

Poatan for example has debut'd in the November 2021 MSG show - and has fought a stunning 7 times since then.

Active champion is a lot better. All due respect to Jiri but I can't stand champs who only fight once a year. Poatan winning is better for everything.
Excluding the injury time, I wonder if it is Jiri or UFC.

From 2012-2019, Jiri fought multiple times a year, every year. It changed once he got to the UFC.

I love his Accent that sounds both Eastern European and Irish at same time.

More work on leg kick defense

Less work on aesthetics and man buns

He fought 2-3 times a year in Rizin, including while being Rizin champ.
He was scheduled to rematch Glover in Dec 2022, 6 months after winning the belt.

So who knows. I do think Poatan will be more active though, if the UFC lets him (sounds like Dana wants to wait until Jamahal is ready, which is probably spring to summer 2024).

He's fine but his style is too unpredictable to be consistent winning against other opponents. My opinion, although he can prove me wrong over and over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back