I leave for Brazil on Thursday for the International Masters and Seniors Tourny

David_Jacobs

TheRockBJJ.com
@purple
Reaction score
This will be my 4th trip. As usual, I am very excited.

I'm going to compete in the International Masters and Seniors competition. (Basically, it's the world championships for the over 30 crowd.) I wanted to go to the Mundials last month, but for some strange reason, the airline tickets were almost twice as expensive last month (about $1250) compared to this month (about $700). As a result, it was just to much $$$ to go to the Mundials.

I'll be staying in Copacabana and plan on training with Fredson Paixao at Oswaldo Alves' academy. (I've trained there before and hung out with Fredson.)

It'll be a relatively short trip and I'll be returning on August 31.

Aside from the competition, my main goals are (in no particular order):

1. Eat as much as humanly possible (i've been cutting some weight) with a particular focus on eating large quantities of acai;

2. Train with Fredson & co.

3. Take lots of pics. (I'll post them when I get back.)

4. Limit myself to a reasonable number of jiu-jitsu related t-shirts and other assorted jiu-jitsu gear

5. See the night sky in the southern hemisphere. (Every time I go, I tell myself I am going to see this, but I never am far enough from city lights to see the stars.)

Hope your trip goes well and win that shit for us all at Sherdog.

Keep an eye out for Grayson West -purple seniors div around 80kg from perth western australia (Gracie Barra) . He's one of my old instructors. Good Luck.

good luck, and show them how a new black belt puts it on them

Take care, good luck, have a safe journey and tap some people out.

good luck, what belt do you have? my friend is going there to 81 kg series in blue belt.

David_Jacobs said:
1. Eat as much as humanly possible (i've been cutting some weight) with a particular focus on eating large quantities of acai;

I highly recommend you pursue this course of action.

Thanks everyone.

I'll be competing in the pena weight class (67 kg) in the black belt division. I've been to the Mundials three times beofre. This will be my first International Masters and Seniors.

Sakufan, I promise to put a severe dent in the Rio acai reserves.

David_Jacobs said:
This will be my 4th trip. As usual, I am very excited.

I'm going to compete in the International Masters and Seniors competition. (Basically, it's the world championships for the over 30 crowd.) I wanted to go to the Mundials last month, but for some strange reason, the airline tickets were almost twice as expensive last month (about $1250) compared to this month (about $700). As a result, it was just to much $$$ to go to the Mundials.

I'll be staying in Copacabana and plan on training with Fredson Paixao at Oswaldo Alves' academy. (I've trained there before and hung out with Fredson.)

It'll be a relatively short trip and I'll be returning on August 31.

Aside from the competition, my main goals are (in no particular order):

2. Train with Fredson & co.

3. Take lots of pics. (I'll post them when I get back.)

4. Limit myself to a reasonable number of jiu-jitsu related t-shirts and other assorted jiu-jitsu gear

5. See the night sky in the southern hemisphere. (Every time I go, I tell myself I am going to see this, but I never am far enough from city lights to see the stars.)

First of all, best of luck. I hope to be there with you either next year or the following, bills and training permitting.

Second of all, yes, please post a lot of the pics and give me a PM later on where to stay and other logistics when there.

Third of all, enjoy everything Brazil has to offer and PM me the pics that may get you banned on sherdog.

Good luck bro. My boy Jeff Tirshfield will be competing in the 167lb (I think that's the weight) brown belt division.

What age division Dave? I myself just bumped up into to 40-45. Yikes. But I've noticed that there is some amazing competition, and some beautiful grappling in the older guy divisions. Even up to the late 50's and early 60's.

Good luck. LOT's of pictures...

brazil black belt competition debut and 3rd place.
the fanny pack man is taking Brazil by storm.
thanks for the info

Back