I know this question is beyond the limits of stupidity but....

IChinaManI

Green Belt
Reaction score
Will wearing my underarmour underneath my gi put holes in it, or rough it up? I have a big thick judo gi, this is really rough on the inside, and since you're not even suppposed to wash underarmour with other clothes it made me wonder...? I realize it's pretty much a rashguard and that's what it's for, but since it's technically not made for use like a rashguard, will this happen?

It's just that hockey gear isn't as rough as a thick ass gi on the inside, so I'm worried the rough material will cause friction when i'm grappling and put holes or abrasions in my underarmour.

I wear Under Armour and Nike compression shirts under my gi and I haven't noticed anything yet. I was worried about that too at first, but it's been about 5 weeks now and I don't see any problems. Then again I don't think my gis are big and thick.

I wear it under my HCK. If that doesn' tear it, nothing will.

I think that no-gi training is actually harder on Underarmor. All that sliding around on the mat. That's where you want a real rashguard.

I wear it under my HCK. If that doesn' tear it, nothing will.

I think that no-gi training is actually harder on Underarmor. All that sliding around on the mat. That's where you want a real rashguard.

I went the cheaper route and bought my rash guard from Wal-mart for $14 (which is nothing more than a compression shirt). I've used it under a gi for about a year now and never had a problem with it, other than growing out of it. Now if a low priced wal-mart can sustain itself, I would hope that an UA could too. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Back