I just read

• Thread starter Tkdmmafighter**
  • Start date
T

Tkdmmafighter**

in muscle and fitness that ZMA and casein work against each other when taken at the same time, it says to take ZMA 30-60 mins before you take casein. then casein immediatley before sleep. anyone esle hear or know about this?

I think it may be due to the calcium in caesin. I know for a fact that you are not supposed to take ZMA with calcium.

Wolverine
///

calcium inhibits zinc absorbtion

Yeah, it's the calcium, but ZMA doesn't actually promote sleep (I don't know where that myth started on this board, but it's one of the strongest here), so you shouldn't need to worry about timing.

Madmick said:
Yeah, it's the calcium, but ZMA doesn't actually promote sleep (I don't know where that myth started on this board, but it's one of the strongest here), so you shouldn't need to worry about timing.
it didn't *start* on this board.. it's common knowledge (whether it's true or not is still to be proved)... ppl just came here mentioning it :wink:

i know i knew about the ZMA/sleep connection before reading it on here.. :D

thanks. yea, i know ZMA doesnt help sleep. supposedly it makes you8 sleep deeper, but i dont have a problem with that anyway.

so it says it's cool to take ZMA as long as you don't take it at the EXACT same time as casein?

supersudo said:
it didn't *start* on this board.. it's common knowledge (whether it's true or not is still to be proved)... ppl just came here mentioning it :wink:

i know i knew about the ZMA/sleep connection before reading it on here.. :D

You misread me again, Sudo. I didn't imply the myth started here altogether, I just expressed confusion as to how it was accepted here at all.

The ZMA from GNC has valarian in it. That will definetly promote sleep. If its only zinc and magnesium it won't.

Back