I hurt mah fingah

farrellesque**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was rolling yesterday and during a scramble my sparring partner came down with his knee on my index finger. It hurt, but I didn't think too much of it at the time and finished the roll and several more before class ended. When I got home though, my finger was throbbing quite a bit and as of this morning has swollen up a bit. I can stretch the finger our or bend it.

Does anyone have any tips that might help me get the swelling down so I can go to class tomorrow without being incapacitated? Will freezing help? Compression? I'm a little clueless.

halp_orange.jpg

ice is about all you can do...then tape it to your near finger for stabliity....you might just drill tomorrow and take a day off of rolling....

first 48 hours after injury:
R.I.C.E.
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation
and vitamen I, otherwise known as ibuprofen

Ice it, keep it elevated and buddy tape it the closest finger. I broke 2 toes on Friday after dragging them across the mat, kind of sucks.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the title was how it sounded like a caption from that site.

EDIT: sorry- this wasn't the most helpful post ever but it WAS true- so we're half way there.

as everyone said, ice and rest.

Had the same thing, knee came down and smashed my thumb. The bone usually gets badly bruised which hurts like a mofo and takes a while to get back to 100%.

nothing major, just an uncomfortable and annoying injury that will re-flare up often when training

Back