I hate it when fighters stick out their chin and absorb punches

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
its a pet peeve of mine, Anderson Silva I’m looking at you.

First of all it’s disrespectful to say your opponent can’t hurt you.

It’s demeaning and why do that to someone you respect?

Secondly it’s needless abuse and leads to CTE.

Walking through punches or allowing people to hit you I think feeds the stereotype that cage fighters are just gluttons for abuse.

He never learned from the first Weidman fight

its okay when your opponent has pillows for fists

Don't worry, he paid the price

anderson-vs-chris.jpg

its a pet peeve of mine, Anderson Silva I’m looking at you.

First of all it’s disrespectful to say your opponent can’t hurt you.

It’s demeaning and why do that to someone you respect?

Secondly it’s needless abuse and leads to CTE.

Walking through punches or allowing people to hit you I think feeds the stereotype that cage fighters are just gluttons for abuse.

I get the disrespectful part but the rest..

I dunno you seem alittle sensetive to be watching MMA...

It's bait. They don't plan on trying to absorb them, unless it's Mark Hunt.

Have a 50/50 feel on it. I like the attitude and wanting to bang, but laugh when they get clipped too

As long as their backing it up with some good ducking/dodging skills then I don't mind. But if you're intentionally letting them get shots in then that's just stupid because all you're doing is giving them points...let alone giving them free opportunities to KO you. Dumb.

Imo Israel didn't punch him in that moment because he didn't want Anderson to go out like that.

If he's stuck on being curb stomped into retirement somebody will give it to him.

this is Steven’s universe we’re all living in

You would have hated Mayorga

R8GHI2.gif

I remember that fight well. The last left hook in that gif definitely rocked him, though he tried to play it off, and he was never able to get back into the fight. In fact, that fight basically ruined him. Letting a beast like Trinidad tee off on you is not the smartest choice a boxer has ever made.

Some people like getting hit in the face. It sends a numbing/tingling/itching feeling to your teeth.

Some of the greatest moments in ufc are when Anderson dropped his hands like that. During his title reign the whole bar would go silent so tuned into the fight when he did that.

Back