• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I had no idea Travis Scott was that famous...

Dude is fucked.... About the drain every bit of money he's made.

Dude is fucked.... About the drain every bit of money he's made.

I like how his comment to seeing the ambulance is "wtf is that??" and then keeps on like nothing is happening...

oh, I know you are a vet. Sometimes shit happens. At a lollapaloza it rained and the ground was muddy. If my buddy didn’t save me, I could have been killed. That was during a Beastie Boys set and Sabotage was on. People went nuts. I will still go hard but know to stay on outskirts....now a days I can’t handle being packed packed like a sardine. After France Five Finger show, and COVID, shit has changed.

now i want to youtube mosh pits! Is that what you are describing or simply being at the front of a concert.

I was 3rd row at a Josh Groban concert and the old people aound me were very nice! No knock outs!

Travis Scott?

conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

now i want to youtube mosh pits! Is that what you are describing or simply being at the front of a concert.

I was 3rd row at a Josh Groban concert and the old people aound me were very nice! No knock outs!
LOL, yeah at certain shows the front General admission has mosh pits. Some do the "wall of Death" wear its like Braveheart, a battleground opens and two walls of people crash into eachother. Some are Merry Go Rounds where everyone runs in a circle and its gets faster and faster. Others are full blown assaulting each other in a circle. Unwritten rules dictate you keep your hands down, and help people up that have been knocked down. People on the edges shove you as hard as they can into the center. But with these festivals, the sheer volume makes it insane. In my day it was pits that were isolated and crowd surfing.

I was at this Lollapalloza. Green Day, Beastie, Smashing Pumpkins...Go to 45 seconds, thats what its like:

Wall of Death:

only in America could such a talentless piece of shit could be given the chance of having thousands of people under his "responsability".

LOL, yeah at certain shows the front General admission has mosh pits. Some do the "wall of Death" wear its like Braveheart, a battleground opens and two walls of people crash into eachother. Some are Merry Go Rounds where everyone runs in a circle and its gets faster and faster. Others are full blown assaulting each other in a circle. Unwritten rules dictate you keep your hands down, and help people up that have been knocked down. People on the edges shove you as hard as they can into the center. But with these festivals, the sheer volume makes it insane. In my day it was pits that were isolated and crowd surfing.

Walls of death are insane. I've done tons of moshing but never participated in Braveheart re-enactments. In my younger days, I would get in the pits and slam against everyone else. In my later years, I reduced myself to perimeter work: keep the shape of the pit, help those up that have fallen, keep those out that don't want in, and scoop up and return lost items (mostly sunglasses, shoes and wallets). The only times I saw pits become violent were when those unfamiliar with pit etiquette would either attempt to injure others or would "hardcore dance" which involves swinging your arms around wildly while also kicking. These people would have justice doled out to them quickly because ain't nobody got time for that nonsense. Metal shows appear chaotic, but in my experiences, pits are actually pretty safe and organized.

I've seen Slayer, Slipknot, Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Lamb of God, Megadeth and dozens of other metal bands and have never witnessed the kind of things I've seen at rap concerts and, surprisingly, a Dave Matthews Band concert. DMB consisted of drunk frat boys who got way too liquored up and started fights while the rap shows were full of insecure tryhards who perceived every bump or nudge as an attack. It didn't matter if it was Outkast or Three 6 Mafia performing. People in the crowd were just itching for a confrontation.

A youtuber I follow that's a body language expert, doing a read on Scott's apology video. Cliffs: Scotts body language suggests he doesn't give a fuck and is annoyed that he feels forced to make an apology. No empathy for the fact that people continue to get hurt at his shows.

I read that 8 people died in the stampede at this guys concert.

Sad for the victims, but what a cringeworthy way to die.

In history, people have died fighting wars, saving babies from burning buildings, but people of our generation die trying to get into a Travis Scott concert …

A youtuber I follow that's a body language expert, doing a read on Scott's apology video. Cliffs: Scotts body language suggests he doesn't give a fuck and is annoyed that he feels forced to make an apology. No empathy for the fact that people continue to get hurt at his shows.

I didn't watch him, but his youtube clips about it all that I've heard are so damned disingenuous. I've had the misfortune of hearing some of his 'music' since as well. Ugh. At least his daughter and mother of his child are minted because I can't see him doing well after this.

I always thought Travis Scott was a white man...

I didn't watch him, but his youtube clips about it all that I've heard are so damned disingenuous. I've had the misfortune of hearing some of his 'music' since as well. Ugh. At least his daughter and mother of his child are minted because I can't see him doing well after this.
Never heard of him until the McDonald's promotion. I remember someone made a thread and all us boomers were like whats a Travis Scott? He seems like a greasy douchebag from the video I linked and what I've heard happened at his other shows.

Never heard of him until the McDonald's promotion. I remember someone made a thread and all us boomers were like whats a Travis Scott? He seems like a greasy douchebag from the video I linked and what I've heard happened at his other shows.
Yeah he's been charged for it twice. Comes to something when you have such lack of talent you have to create a bit of death to make a name for yourself.

I went to many shows and in many pits back in my day. I've had my hair pulled, been pressed against the barricades and had to use my leg to push off of it only to have the crowd push me right back in, stuff like that that was never ever actually scary, just to be expected when you're mashed up in a giant crowd.

My 5'3" ass doesn't belong anywhere near a violent pit so usually if you know the band and the type of music they play, you know to stay out of it or not. (Kudos to all the tall dudes out there who've swatted people away from me.)

It's weird to me to see the words "moshing" or "raging" in relation to a rap concert. Even crowd surfing. Are these rappers trying to take things that usually have only been seen at rock concerts?

There was a family festival my very straight laced strict boss used to take his kids to in Dorset. It only got a bit sketchy at night but a good family friendly time during the day, they went home before anything got 18+.
My mother would turn in her grave if she knew I went to Monsters of Rock when I was 15.

Beautiful days is the name I reckon.

Just hippies and it's really tame. No craziness.

Back