I Got My Brown Belt

Nice work! Seems like this was a long time coming :)

man getting a brown from Ralph is a black in most places

i love his bjj, very agressive

is he as crazy as people say he is?

I thought you were already a brown belt? NIIIICE!! Way to work hard man!

Right on! You certainly kicked ass at the Battle of the Bay the other day.

Big Congrats, Sean. Will I see you at the Gracie Open tomorrow?

Big Congrats, Sean. Will I see you at the Gracie Open tomorrow?

Sean “The Man” Roberts

I just wanted to put out a good word for our resident bad ass brown belt competitor. Some of you may only know him as the guy who puts “The Backyard Grappler” on blast. Most of us know him as the human jiu jitsu highlight reel.

I got to meet Sean and his family yesterday at The Gracie Open. He’s a true gentleman of the sport. I was working the scorer’s table, and I was lucky enough to have the best seat in the house for the adult brown absolute division. Sean won both his matches by submission. Both matches had high entertainment value.

Afterwards I introduced myself as “Cash Bill” on Sherdog and we got to hang out a bit. I congratulated him and told him that one day he had to show me that cool “take the back from half guard” move that is on one of his highlight videos. He was like, “I can show you right now.” So we walked out on to an empty space on the mat and he showed me the move. I worked on it right there in my jeans and t shirt. Very cool!

It’s fun to meet my fellow Sherdoggers in person. Since Ralph and Cesar are buds again, I hope to get to train with Sean in the future. The future is really bright for this young man.

Congrats to “The Man”

'bout damn time sandbagger... haha, but seriously big congrats! great accomplishmment and well deserved!

Back