• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I googled "most athletic sport" and according to the second result MMA is #1

NFL players train so much more than just speed buddeh.
If they trained T&F full time, it'd be a different story. Adrian Peterson's high school track coach said that if AP hadn't chosen football, he would've qualified for the Olympics in the 100m.

Oh well if Adrian Peterson's coach said that it must be true. In other news, Greg Jackson just said Jon Jones is innocent

Also remember how long each sport has been developing "Pro" talent. MMA is years behind other sports in that regards. Kinda like the MMA to WMMA thang that everyone luvs to push.

Last edited:
It's one of the most physically demanding sports for sure, but the actual athletes involved (especially in the heavier divisions) are mostly D-level plumbers; Derrick Lewis being a good example of this.

No one can unconvince me of my belief that JJ Watt would be the UFC HW champ with one year of serious training.
DId you see shaq get boxed up by a 140 lbs guy? All the american football guys who failed in ufc? Walt harris the basketball guy fail. Not saying they couldnt win but its far from a given. Some guys mentally break as soon as they get punched a bit and fight or flight kicks in.

It's one of the most physically demanding sports for sure, but the actual athletes involved (especially in the heavier divisions) are mostly D-level plumbers; Derrick Lewis being a good example of this.

No one can unconvince me of my belief that JJ Watt would be the UFC HW champ with one year of serious training.
And no one can convince me any guys from MLB, NHL, NFL or NBA could be champ with one year of training for MMA.

He looks athletic because hes juiced to the tits lol. I doubt he would be such a specimen if he was just training MMA clean.

Agree 100%, but they also posses some athleticism and some ability to economize their motions to not blow out tendons, ligaments and joints. Just saying every injured pro athlete is not running to golf because they're better athletes and the money is better with lower risk.

i'm an addicted golfer, so please don't think I'm denigrating the game.

i'm an addicted golfer, so please don't think I'm denigrating the game.

Didn't get that impression at all. Just thought highly trained pros know that if they think there will be an easy pay for them in golf, they will end up like Jordan playing baseball.

Pffft, put on your skates like a real man.

Ice Judo is a deadly martial art.

dapperpointedcooter.gif

Reasonable.

Just because other sports have better athletes doesn't mean that their sport itself is more physically demanding. It just means there are more money, competition and steroid usage.

Hey I enjoy fishing and that list has that as last haha how unfair.

I always thought wrestling was one of the hardest sports in the world conditioning wise. Ive heard stories about top level D1 college wrestling practices. So I would imagine wrestling while getting punched or elbowed in the face would be pretty brutal.

I think overall the best athletes are NFL players when you consider the variety of athleticism involved for the different positions. Not to mention its a brutal sport with +300 lb lineman trying to smash you.

I've got some boxing experience lol and I'd take my chances with the dreaded GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPEENS

its amateur boxing. It really isn't that huge of an accomplishment dude. Its basically a tough man competition. you probably think Butterbean was a world class boxer
No, I have boxing experience, and where I’m from, amateur boxers are better than many pros, having more solid fundamentals. Pro boxers are often bums with little-to-no ammie experience who are brawling in basements for loose change. Meanwhile, ammie boxers are preparing for world championships and olympics.

Back