I find it tough to judge DC after that fight

fighter_31

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong it was a great performance, but for me if he did anything else I would have been disappointed. Hendo's wrestling hasn't been on point for a while (I remember him being dominated by shields someone that went down to 170 in the UFC) and I remember Hendo even being rag-dolled by Machida in the first round of their fight (which was a sweet trip takedown). He hasn't been dominate really since the first three rounds of the first Shogun fight (I know he ko'd him in the second fight but he was losing up until then rather handily I might add). He has had two split decision losses (which I was shocked they were split decisions) after those he was KO'd by Vitor.

Dan is one of my favorite fighters of all time but to think that this match was going to anything but domination by DC would have been crazy. Dan has one weapon (and it's a great weapon) but that is really it at this point. His body looks to stiff to wrestle anymore, and the amount of fight mileage on his body is staggering. DC looked great but I can't say he can beat Jones off of this performance.

To me it did very little for DC as he should have been able to outwrestle someone that he was bigger than and a better wrestler than.

Well nobody has ever thrown around a fresh Hendo like that. It looked like big brother vs little brother. And it seemed effortless to me.

It certainly makes me want to see him face Jones. His wrestling is spectacular. I want to see what he can do. But I also would have preferred to see the Rashad fight.

And Hendo

Take that fight at face value. He looked good.

I'm not shocked. I still don't think he would beat Bones and honestly I think Anothny Johnson may even be able to beat him

Unimpressed. DC is clearly a good fighter but beating Hendo does nothing for him. Dan was done many years ago he just convinced doctors and AC's to allow him to inject testosterone.

DC definitely looked good, but I saw nothing in that performance that suggested he's champion caliber. It took him nearly the full 3 rounds to really mount much of an offense. He basically one by mauling Dan on the ground until he gassed and then sinking an easy choke.

I don't see DC taking the belt from Jones after his last couple of fights.

by no mean, DC did dominated Hendo, but by comparison, Vitor and Silva was better than DC.
Silva beat a younger/faster Hendo way faster than DC.
even Vitor has such an easy time destroy Hendo and finish by KO.

DC never struggle against stiff old Hendo, but he didn't please me.
i bet my money on Dc to finish Hendo by the 1st round. he took 3 round with minimal damage and choke out Dan.
his GnP didn't impress me one bit.

He put Dan Henderson to SLEEP after dominating him through 99% of the fight. It didn't tell us if DC can beat Jones, but it told us that he is a force at LHW one way or another.

DC even said on the post fight that Hendo seemed small to him and mentioned Dan coming in at only 199. He said he didn't think he was any more than that in the cage. By contrast, DC was probably 225 or so in the cage.

The more important thing is everyone keeps talking about Hendo's wrestling but he was an Olympian in Greco not free-style and he really hasn't shown good wrestling at all since the Rampage fight, and that was 7 years ago.

I knew if DC chose to take it to the ground the fight was over. Dan's only chance in this fight was if DC fought stupid and decided to strike with him. That would allow Dan the chance to land a big punch. I was hoping Hendo could land something just to see how DC would react to getting hit. Instead, I don't think Hendo even laid a glove on him.

He completely destroyed Hendo from bell to bell. Didn't take any chances until the 3rd round but completely outclassed him bad. Made Hendo look like an amateur

First, DC is unproven at HW, now DC hasn't shown anything that is a threat to Jones. People need to understand he ragdolled Hendo and then put him to sleep. Something that Machida, Rashad, Rampage, Shogun, Fedor, Fejao, all of which couldn't do. It's also not DC fault by who he gets to fight.

Stop discrediting DC because he's an actual LEGIT threat to Jones, if anyone thinks otherwise, then they're delusional.

That was a massssive size disparity. Im glad old Hendo didn't get hurt too bad but he sure did get rag dolled. It was weird to see.

Also funny that Hendo knew he was gonna go out but wouldn't tap.

Old man Dan is basically out there looking for that one punch these days. What else does he have? Jones vs Gus is scheduled for 8/30 and the winner will sit out probably 4 months after that. DC really wants to wait 7 or 8 months to fight the winner of that fight? I think he should fight a real contender to shut haters (like me) up.

he was so dominating. No one ever did that to Hendo yet this fight was uber boring.....

He looked great. Now he will get a top 5 or title fight. He isnt young so they will probably fast track him.

DC would ragdoll Hendo at any point in Hendo's career. As for the people saying AJ takes out DC, AJ looked very good against Davis but don't compare Davis to DC because he isn't DC. AJ's only chance would be to knockout DC and DC looks extremely hard to hit or hurt and AJ couldn't even finish Arlovski arguably the worst defensive fighter standing in the UFC.

Back