I find it hilarious how so many American based gyms claim they teach Dutch style

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was just on Facebook and I saw some former UFC fighter( tim something) teaching "Dutch style" at his school, when he was mainly a bjj guy. Then guys would go from muay thai to Dutch style, just to bring people in. Very few of these guys even been to Holland, and pick up their techniques off YouTube without knowing anything about it. There is literAlly only a handful of guys in America who actually know Dutch style.

First was muay thai being taught by guys who never even been or fought in ThaiLand, now the Dutch style.

Things we Americans would do just to make a quick buck. Not a big deal, just think it's funny.

What is Dutch style?

Being 6'4" or taller and standing in the middle of the ring trading blows until one guy goes down?

Chinese-knock-off-brands-3-e1318499447949.jpg

TBH I've never heard of any gym advertising that.

So... Okay.

This is sherdog, not twitter or facebook where your momma can like whatever shit you spill.

<DisgustingHHH>

<3>

the forums used to have a lot more of these mma elitism type threads before the casuals took over - throwback to the old school

Does it really matter how pure the fighting style is. I dont think most people who join the gyms care.

I was just on Facebook and I saw some former UFC fighter( tim something) teaching "Dutch style" at his school, when he was mainly a bjj guy. Then guys would go from muay thai to Dutch style, just to bring people in. Very few of these guys even been to Holland, and pick up their techniques off YouTube without knowing anything about it. There is literAlly only a handful of guys in America who actually know Dutch style.

First was muay thai being taught by guys who never even been or fought in ThaiLand, now the Dutch style.

Things we Americans would do just to make a quick buck. Not a big deal, just think it's funny.

shut up poser

I don't think you have to go to Thailand to learn Muay Thai. Kind of like you don't have to go to Japan to learn Karate.

I don't think you have to go to Thailand to learn Muay Thai. Kind of like you don't have to go to Japan to learn Karate.

When you fight and your style looks like American based, yeah it is important.

I was just saying it's funny seeing big gyms teach something they really don't know. I mean, not like they charge peanuts for their services

Back