i feel bad for cruz

legitmma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
He could and would of beat barao for the title that was rightfully his ...

Tough to say. Before Cruz got injured I favored him, but I would have no confidence picking him right now given his major injuries and very long layoff. Barao is still a monster.

He has a very similar style to what just beat Barao badly... maybe... lots of ring rust.

I always thought prime Cruz would beat Barao. Hopefully he returns and can still be as good as he used to.

make barao vs. cruz for #1 contender after TJ vs Assuncao

He has a very similar style to what just beat Barao badly... maybe... lots of ring rust.

Cruz doesn't push forward as much as TJ, and TJ also has power to add to that. Those sneaky head kicks too... crazy!

Man, what a performance!

The knock down in the 1st killed barao...fight could've gone differently if it was a normal 10-9 round for TJ...hopefully they fight again

i always said barao is too flat footed like edson barbosa.. that kind of style doesnt really work in mma.. i think cruz is too fast for barao and tj dillashaw.. i think cruz will get his title back even from the long lay off..

Cruz doesn't push forward as much as TJ, and TJ also has power to add to that. Those sneaky head kicks too... crazy!

Man, what a performance!

Cruz is a better wrestler than Dillashaw though...I picked Cruz to beat him before the injury

Actually i take that back i dont feel bad. i feel good because people are thinking tj fought like cruz.. and that kind of give creditablity to cruz on beating barao and any other bantamweight including tj

Honestly i think Tj would be more of a problem for cruz than barao, obviously since Tj's striking is fuckin marvelous, im still in question about which one of them has the best footwork.

i always said barao is too flat footed like edson barbosa.. that kind of style doesnt really work in mma...

The fuck is wrong with people? "That kind of style" got Barao 32 wins in a row, including 9 under the Zuffa banner. And a title.

I'm not even a Barao find, but you can't deny the fact that he's an amazing fighter.

Honestly i think Tj would be more of a problem for cruz than barao, obviously since Tj's striking is fuckin marvelous, im still in question about which one of them has the best footwork.

Cruz's striking was always great too, just under-powered.

Man, what a performance!

Cruz's footwork is also defensive oriented; and it doesn't allow him to be as offensively dangerous offensively as he could be. TJ's footwork works great for defense and offense. That's the difference. Cruz may have been able to beat Barao before his injury, but It would not have been as impressive as what we just saw TJ do. That's my opinion on the subject anyways.

Cruz isn't as aggressive and has far less power than TJ brought to the Barao fight.

I feel bad for Cruz as well. Dillashaw just jacked his style and won the belt with it. Not that what TJ did is a bad thing, it's a smart thing. You should imitate guys who have proven to be successful. It just sucks that Cruz has to sit on the sidelines and watch it. He would have beat Barao easily.

cruz is done. he's been out for 2 years. he aint coming back

Cruz has great footwork similar to TJ's tonight but he doesn't have the same power. Tough fight to call still

Back