I don't think Lawler asked for time off

Smoking TRT

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think the more likely situation was that Dana et al realised that literally no one wanted to see Lawler/Hendricks III and with Rory/Lombard booked, there wasn't really anyone obvious to fight Lawler.

Thoughts?

He said it at the Press conf. after the Hendricks fight. He wanted to take a long break.

Stop creating dumb threads OP

He said it at the Press conf. after the Hendricks fight. He wanted to take a long break.

Hey man, stop calling peoples threads stupid bro. Dont need to go full jabroni brah, do you even lift bro?

Nah but for real, think it gives them a reason to skip a replay of a lackluster fight. And bring back the hype

Lawler said recently he was aiming for a June return. I think they're just trying to give the guy a little chance to recover.

I think you are right because the fight was already announced so he clearly agreed to it

Lawler was asking for time off literally the night of the fight and every single time I saw him give an interview since then.

make of that what you will, you may know something he doesn't

He said the night he won the belt he was goin to take time off. I remember clearly

He fought 4 times last year, he should be allowed to take a little break. He fought more last year than some Champions have fought in 2 years...

And he also should be allowed to fight someone besides Hendricks as well...

Maybe their pulling Hendricks for another opponent for Lawler...a bigger fight. I mean think about it...UFC 186 in Bell center...pretty sure that's not meant for the McDonald/Lombard fight.

Someone's coming back....

Maybe their pulling Hendricks for another opponent for Lawler...a bigger fight. I mean think about it...UFC 186 in Bell center...pretty sure that's not meant for the McDonald/Lombard fight.

could that someone be GSP?

and hopefully Dana White did realize that Hendricks fighting Lawler a 3rd consecutive time is a bit ridiculous. Regardless of how close the 2nd fight was, Hendricks lost and someone else should get a crack at the title

that aside, Matt Brown vs Hendricks should be a fun fight

he had a really, really intense schedule for an established, veteran fighter.

but i have no doubt that the ufc is better off marketing brown vs. hendricks and waiting and seeing about what to do with lawler.

i don't really want to see lawler vs. rory either, to be honest.

diaz lawler? i'm cool with that. but i doubt nick beats silva to create that scenario.

haha! could be?

Lawler said he wants to be training full time starting February, with a fight around May. UFC 186, April 25th, Lawler's original fight date, fit everything fine.

No one wanted a trilogy. That's all that changed and now the UFC is scrambling. Lawler's a company man and will scramble when asked to scramble, just as he'll scrap when asked to scrap.

I wonder what lawler is doing differently now than earlier in his career has he always had this ability? he could have been gsp instead of gsp

Back