I can't belive Aldo is a +200 underdog against Yan

He doesn't have the reach and doesn't throw half of the volume. Petr will look for takedowns where Max didn't. It's a very different fight and a weird comp.

I don’t think it’s weird. He doesn’t have reach - yes, he said as much. And pressure isn’t just about strike volume. It’s about constantly being on the opponent, forcing him to react, and that’s something that Yan is very good at.
I have no doubt that the stories from NU are true. However, that was a while ago. Yan has developed and gained confidence. He is a very dangerous guy now.

When I heard that this fight had been made I was a bit worried for Jose.
From what I have seen of Yan, even pre-Uriah he looks like a machine.
I don't see Jose being able to keep this guy off him for 5 rounds especially if the TD threat lessens Jose's leg kick output.

........and most people are picking Aldo. People just never learn. I'm not saying Jose cant win but at -250/+210 --- it would certainly give me pause and, at the very least, just stay away from putting money on fight.
This kind of reminds me of Cejudo- Cruz except I was more certain of that outcome and my followers are fully aware as I tried my best over a half dozen posts to not fall in the trap of betting " the great D.Cruz" at +220.
It was another las Vegas invitational all u can eat buffet. $$$$ kept pouring in on Cruz( as I figured) , yet the strip's outfits stood put at the odds( actually, it did come down it a bit)
To be fair, without the KO Cruz was looking pretty good in round 2, its not that much of a stretch to think he could have won. I think those odds were pretty fair.

To be fair, without the KO Cruz was looking pretty good in round 2, its not that much of a stretch to think he could have won. I think those odds were pretty fair.
If - ifs and buts were candy and nuts then everyday would be Christmas.
The Dominck Cruz that doesnt believe in ring rust . The Dominck Cruz that some ( not me) call the goat at 135 ? No.

I expected a -165/ +145 with the smaller cejudo being a mild favorite at best...

As soon as I saw openers, I knew ( and my posts said as much BEFORE the fight).

Imo, Cruz would've been caught by something significant from the thicker cejudo after the controversial stoppage ( if u want to even call it that but I have no problems with the opinion that it was premature). A matter of time.

Last edited:
Russian fighters always have crazy odds on them for some reason, even when it's extremely unwarranted.

This ain't 2013-14 aldo bro.. I know he's only 33 but he's been at this shit a looooong time.

What the hell?

I love Yan but the dude had a razor close fight with Jimmy Rivera (save the 2 late knockdowns) and beat a 40 years old Faber. Got tagged in both fights.

Moraes is 10x better than anybody Yan has ever fought and Aldo ate his best shots including a headkick early. He still walked him down. So we know his chin holds up pretty well.

At best I see it as a pick'em fight because Yan being younger, less worn and trickier. But damn Aldo will be bigger, more powerful and way more experienced.

As I said before.. I'm a big fan of both guys but I really think Aldo gets a TKO victory here.
more money to be made!!!

........and most people are picking Aldo. People just never learn. I'm not saying Jose cant win but at -250/+210 --- it would certainly give me pause and, at the very least, just stay away from putting money on fight.
This kind of reminds me of Cejudo- Cruz except I was more certain of that outcome and my followers are fully aware as I tried my best over a half dozen posts to not fall in the trap of betting " the great D.Cruz" at +220.
It was another las Vegas invitational all u can eat buffet. $$$$ kept pouring in on Cruz( as I figured) , yet the strip's outfits stood put at the odds( actually, it did come down it a bit)
Cruz is the most overrated fighter in MMA history.

Yan has a lot of the qualities that Max does.

He jabs, feints, combos, keeps a high pace/pressure, has an iron chin and great cardio. Basically everything save the reach advantage. All of which is stuff that has been nightmarish for Aldo to deal with. Plus down at Bantemweight Aldo's stamina is even more compromised. It really seems like we're heading for an Max-Jose re-enactment.

Still rooting for Aldo though.

"Plus down at Bantemweight Aldo's stamina is even more compromised."

Not sure why you say this, as Aldo's cardio and stamina vs Marlon looked better than it ever looked at 145. He looked ready to go another 3 rounds when the fight ended.

Not sure about the Yan Max comparison, their pressure seems very different to me.

Cruz is the most overrated fighter in MMA history.
I wouldn't say " in history " but , yes, I fall in the camp of him being overrated . I understand this and Vegas understands this but most of the mma community DO NOT .

What the hell?

I love Yan but the dude had a razor close fight with Jimmy Rivera (save the 2 late knockdowns) and beat a 40 years old Faber. Got tagged in both fights.

Moraes is 10x better than anybody Yan has ever fought and Aldo ate his best shots including a headkick early. He still walked him down. So we know his chin holds up pretty well.

At best I see it as a pick'em fight because Yan being younger, less worn and trickier. But damn Aldo will be bigger, more powerful and way more experienced.

As I said before.. I'm a big fan of both guys but I really think Aldo gets a TKO victory here.

So you should be happy and place that bet...

I'm probably gonna put some down on Aldo because I'm a fan, but he should be a dog here. Still can win it though imo.

Odds are pretty much as expected. Aldo has a ton of miles on his body, and that weight cut is still massive for him. Yan is very fast with heavy hands, has not showed any weakness yet.

I had money on Aldo for the Moraes fight, and I thought Moraes won the decision pretty clearly, did not think there was much controversy.

I loved Emmet when the odds were released, same with Gaethje. Put $50 on each, feels good when the underdog hits lol.

Of course most people when talking about odds don’t even gamble, so hard to take them seriously

Can't do it.. gambling sites have been banned in my country and I can't deposit due Visa/Mastercard restrictions. Will open an account when I move overseas later this year or early 2021.

I used to bet back in the day. You can find proof of that in the MMA Betting subforum history. I posted a lot back then. Because unlike 99% of shertards I actually put my money where my mouth is.

I loved Emmet when the odds were released, same with Gaethje. Put $50 on each, feels good when the underdog hits lol.

Of course most people when talking about odds don’t even gamble, so hard to take them seriously
I still remember betting on Cody Garbrandt opener ML at 2.84 (+184) back in the day when he debuted against Marcus Brimage. Pretty sure it closed as a pick'em.

Or those 5 bucks on Holly againt Redonda.

Back