I am very impressed by Conors intelligence... (important read)

Basically Conor sees the benefits in being a well rounded athlete. That's what I'm getting from this. It's not all that shocking unless you can get into specifics about anything revolutionary that Conor said. That would be important.

Well its more about being well rounded athlete, he also is preaching the importance of going less hard in the gym and focusing on developing the bodies range of motion and the various functions the body can perform.

Its not about being revolutionary, I mean old school martial artist have kata,form or shadow boxing. But him preaching the specifics of the movement is what is so impressing and what makes it impressive is that, mma is full of knuckleheads with the whole rassling mentality and "going hard in the pain" attitude. This mindset has failed and injured many mmartist

But here we have Conor who has the IQ to understand the fact that mma/wrestling coaches don't have it right and that you need various movements to be able to become adaptable in any physical situation.

What does this even mean, is this Conor bless ideology? Forget Conor bless, more like Conor Cult...

1357165_o.gif

Its a dark night reference in regards to Harvey Dent

I really liked how he was able to criticize himself objectively watching his finishes on the UFC promo that aired on Monday.

Well its more about being well rounded athlete, he also is preaching the importance of going less hard in the gym and focusing on developing the bodies range of motion and the various functions the body can perform.

Its not about being revolutionary, I mean old school martial artist have kata,form or shadow boxing. But him preaching the specifics of the movement is what is so impressing and what makes it impressive is that, mma is full of knuckleheads with the whole rassling mentality and "going hard in the pain" attitude. This mindset has failed and injured many mmartist

But here we have Conor who has the IQ to understand the fact that mma/wrestling coaches don't have it right and that you need various movements to be able to become adaptable in any physical situation.

There are tons of different training philosophies within the sport of wrestling, let alone in MMA. We have heard about the perils of overtraining for well over a century. The only new thing that we've heard from Conor is blathering on about how he is a master of movement. It's good that his trainers favour a well rounded athletic base and recognize the drawbacks of overtraining. It's not really all that surprising or revolutionary, though.

his philosophy behind fighting, improving movement, being more free yet having more control, being able to use as many different techniques as possible when the time requires them to be used, all great ideas that i hope he finds more success with as he develops. seems like most fighteres just listen to their coaches and have no ideas of their own, its refreshing to hear connor when he isn't trash talking.

There are tons of different training philosophies within the sport of wrestling, let alone in MMA. We have heard about the perils of overtraining for well over a century. The only new thing that we've heard from Conor is blathering on about how he is a master of movement. It's good that his trainers favour a well rounded athletic base and recognize the drawbacks of overtraining. It's not really all that surprising or revolutionary, though.

yeah but ts hurt his hip from judo

It is though!

As a long life on an off martial artist and an avid boxing practioner, I can safely say that most people burn out because they lack flexibility and movement.

While other practioners who are flexible and have good movement are able to avoid injuries because their body has experienced various movements and range of motion.

Look at a guy like Mayweather or Tommy Hearns, they both have/had great movement and fluidity in their style that allowed them to stay much more healthier than a rough and tough infighter/brawler.

Also, look at a guy who works in an office or sits in a chair, he is movement/muscle bound because his body is unable to experience various ways of moving and thus he is more prone to pulling or tearing a muscle than someone who has been involved in gymnastic or dance.

So what would you recommend for someone who's boxing, but have bad joints and joint problems in general?

Sooooooo.......you think a professional fighter is very intelligient because he talked about how important movement is?

is this a serious post? Had you at least mentioned how he tries to emulate Jeet Kune Do with no set movememt, then you'd be going in the right direction here

It's like 11 year old girls and Justin Bieber.

I've used the same reference myself I think I would like him more if it wasn't for his girlyboy screaming crying fan base. Feels like how I would imagine a One Direction forum board would feel.

Also, look at a guy who works in an office or sits in a chair, he is movement/muscle bound because his body is unable to experience various ways of moving and thus he is more prone to pulling or tearing a muscle than someone who has been involved in gymnastic or dance.

Source?

What if someone works in a cube AND does gymnastics?

You're basically just saying "someone who practices flexibility and movement will have better flexibility and movement than someone who doesn't"

That's just called common sense.

Every fighter Sherdog tries to christen as 'great' is suddenly 'charismatic' and supposedly intelligent soon after. It's so transparent.

Sooooooo.......you think a professional fighter is very intelligient because he talked about how important movement is?

is this a serious post? Had you at least mentioned how he tries to emulate Jeet Kune Do with no set movememt, then you'd be going in the right direction here

i thought what connor says sounds an awful lot like bruce lee, maybe that's why i like him

TS, one could learn the same thing from a commercial that airs here in America talking about a body at rest tends to stay at rest while a body in motion tends to stay in motion, simple physics. Varied movement to keep your joints healthy and loose is similar to muscular development/weightlifting (not necessarily body building either) and hitting a plateau when you always train the same way, so mixing up your lifts, even your entire training methods/regimens and intensity is done to overcome that and get gains consistently.

Back