I am expecting something fishy with Dodson vs Wood

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dodson has absolutely refused to engage his opponents and literally runs away sometimes and if Wood struggles to land I can see New Mexico giving Dodson a “hometown” decision

Thoughts?

Wood is the blue chip prospect. Dodson is the name opponent. If anyone wins a close decision it will be the prospect.

Dodson has absolutely refused to engage his opponents and literally runs away sometimes and if Wood struggles to land I can see New Mexico giving Dodson a “hometown” decision

Thoughts?
Is there any evidence that the 'hometown decision' actually exists anymore? Let's say in the last 5 years, since foreign cards have matured?

I'm 100% certain that fighters have won a bad decisions / close decisions in their hometown. I'm sure sherdoggers can give me examples. I can give examples. That's not my point.

Lots of fighters have lost bad decisions / close decisions in their hometown, and there have been bad decisions when there is no hometown favorite. These numbers would have to be compared to any decision which favored a hometown favorite to know.

So the question is, statistically, have hometown fighters won more bad decisions / close decisions than non hometown fighters?

Because let's face it, if there are 20 bad decisions with no hometown fav and then 3 bad decisions against a hometown fav and then 1 good decision for a hometown fav, we all know the typical sherdogger will rant and obsess and rage over that 1 good decision in full denial that statistically nothing funny has happened.

Is there any evidence that the 'hometown decision' actually exists anymore? Let's say in the last 5 years, since foreign cards have matured?

I'm 100% certain that fighters have won a bad decisions / close decisions in their hometown. I'm sure sherdoggers can give me examples. I can give examples. That's not my point.

Lots of fighters have lost bad decisions / close decisions in their hometown, and there have been bad decisions when there is no hometown favorite. These numbers would have to be compared to any decision which favored a hometown favorite to know.

So the question is, statistically, have hometown fighters won more bad decisions / close decisions than non hometown fighters?

Because let's face it, if there are 20 bad decisions and 3 bad decisions against a hometown favorite and then 1 good decision for a hometown favorite, we all know the typical sherdogger will rant and obsess and rage over that 1 good decision for a hometown favorite, in full denial that statistically nothing funny has happened.
I'm not sure about statistically but I remember Diego Sanchez getting probably the most hometown decision of all time after Ross Pearson kicked his ass for 3 rounds.

I'm not sure about statistically but I remember Diego Sanchez getting probably the most hometown decision of all time after Ross Pearson kicked his ass for 3 rounds.
Absolutely.

But he also got one against Kampmann in Kentucky. Not on the same level (on a scale of 1-to-bonkers the Pearson fight was a 9, Kampmann probably a 6), but somewhere along the same line.

Wood is a very exciting prospect, surprisingly well-rounded for a British fighter as well. Hopefully Dodson doesn't ruin this fight.

Dodson...from a glimmer of hope in Dodson vs. DJ 1 to being someone absolutely nobody wants to watch.

A damn shame.

Absolutely.

But he also got one against Kampmann in Kentucky. Not on the same level (on a scale of 1-to-bonkers the Pearson fight was a 9, Kampmann probably a 6), but somewhere along the same line.
And Gomi..but i do remember the Pearson fight being a horrible decision the most.

Absolutely.

what really? the kampmann fight was always in my top 3 worst decisions ever... but screwy decisions werent so common back then so might be different now

what really? the kampmann fight was always in my top 3 worst decisions ever... but screwy decisions werent so common back then so might be different now
Just trying to make the point that they are 2 examples of controversial decisions, 1 hometown and 1 not.

If you think Kampmann was a 9 and Pearson was a 6 I'm cool with that - it only strengthens my argument :)

I haven't watched either in years.

Back