Economy I <3 how (R)s just awkwardly ignore conversations about economics and their track record on it

Well, I said "exactly." "Shithole" is just a kind of empty value judgment. By the standards of, say, Manhattan, 99% of the country is a "shithole" right? What are the specific causes and effects that you're talking about?
Crime, poverty, education, drug abuse, etc.

Crime, poverty, education, drug abuse, etc.
I'm more interested in the argument about cause and effect. Every major city is mostly run by Democrats, some are doing well, some are not. Over time, the trends go in different directions. Doesn't seem like the political affiliation of most voters is a causal factor in anything on its own. You need to identify specific policies that have specific effects (and you said people blame conservatives, but what?).

I'm more interested in the argument about cause and effect. Every major city is mostly run by Democrats, some are doing well, some are not. Over time, the trends go in different directions. Doesn't seem like the political affiliation of most voters is a causal factor in anything on its own.
Sure, and every city that has adopted more progressive policies has seen larger problems in the areas I mentioned.
You need to identify specific policies that have specific effects
There's lots: sanctuary status, restorative justice, bail reform, woke education, defunding of the police, decriminalizing petty theft, allowing homeless encampments, allowing open air drug use, zoning laws that prevent new housing, etc.
(and you said people blame conservatives, but what?).
There was another thread where a bunch of posters were blaming republican governors for high crime cities in their state.

That dude is insufferable on like 10 different levels. I'm so brain poisoned from the internet and unable to relate to normies, that I literally cannot understand even 1% why he has any following, not to mention a gigantic following. It's mind blowing to me.
he's a good story teller and has surface level good advice. but otherwise, the dude is a complete spastic for being a grown man that glazes pimp gurus like tate

Sure, and every city that has adopted more progressive policies has seen larger problems in the areas I mentioned.
Every city? Really? Do you have some kind of database for this?
There's lots: sanctuary status, restorative justice, bail reform, woke education, defunding of the police, decriminalizing petty theft, allowing homeless encampments, allowing open air drug use, zoning laws that prevent new housing, etc.
"Sanctuary status" is designed to reduce crime, and it is effective at that. Most of that stuff is just buzzwords.
There was another thread where a bunch of posters were blaming republican governors for high crime cities in their state.
And your view is that state gov't has no impact on crime? Just want to be clear here.

Every city? Really? Do you have some kind of database for this?
I follow current events. Maybe you should leave your bubble occasionally and do the same.

"Sanctuary status" is designed to reduce crime, and it is effective at that. Most of that stuff is just buzzwords.
Its bringing poverty and poverty increases crime. You can stop the act where you pretend reality doesn't exist to defend your precious democrats.

And your view is that state gov't has no impact on crime? Just want to be clear here.
I believe the county and city policies are mostly responsible.

I follow current events. Maybe you should leave your bubble occasionally and do the same.
Well, you're making an incredibly sweeping claim that I think you know can't possibly be true. If you softened it a bit (to talk about tendencies rather than hard rules), I think it's still spectacularly unlikely, but it would certainly be interesting. You'd have to have a lot of data at hand, though.
Its bringing poverty and poverty increases crime. You can stop the act where you pretend reality doesn't exist to defend your precious democrats.
Huh?
I believe the county and city policies are mostly responsible.
I don't believe there is any evidence to support that. If anything, the fact that crime trends tend to be national might suggest that national level gov't matters most, though that doesn't really make sense on a mechanical level.

Last edited:
This guy is living in an alternate timeline where Trump won the 2020 election and his comrades didn't storm the capitol and become the laughing stock of the world.

It's nice to see that the theory holds true that conservatives are permanently stuck in 2016. Blue haired triggered people? Lol? Did you just finish watching an sjw owned compilation? Then you proceed to name a bunch of non blue haired minority women?? Lmao.

Dude, mainstream society, which is liberal culture, sees MAGA as a literal cult, comprised of people who are stereotyped as frothing at the mouth zealous fanatics. And that's just domestically. That's how domestic US mainstream culture sees MAGA since 2020. The rest of the developed world is far more to the left than the US is, and has basically always seen MAGA as fanatical rabid freaks.

You spend way way too much time in your right wing media bubble. You seem to have no self awareness of how the rest of society truly sees your political group.
You think mainstream is Liberal Culture? You are nuts if you think that is the case. Hollyweird does not represent America. Most of America are normal centrists with 1/3 being Independent. Most Dems are not progressive liberals like you are. Only half of Dems claim they are liberal. So your Math does not work. I have no right wing bubble. I am not a Trump guy or a Fox guy. I just see you idiots are ruining cities with your policies and ideologies like no bail reform, legalized shoplifting, and open border crap. I also see the loudest of you have blue hair.

Poor people aren't actually that electorally powerful. Minority of the population and they are much less likely to vote or otherwise be involved in politics.

The issue is that the GOP as an institution is almost solely committed to policy that has the effect of upward redistribution. Note how Trump's only major legislation was another big tax cut for the rich and he proposed but barely failed huge cuts in gov't provided healthcare, and going forward, he's proposing more tax cuts for the rich along with a tax increase on the middle class. They get popular support for that agenda by stirring up cultural resentments, and they try to argue that policy that has a first-order effect of upward redistribution leads to higher growth. But the record does not support that claim (to say the least!).
Biden touts job creation but leaves out Trump had the pandemic. It was inevitable jobs would increase. Bidens worst stat is that in his first 3 years inflation outpaced wages. The opposite of Trumps first 3 years. Inflation is real and is a huge issue for Americans. That resentment is realer than anything else. Now add in poor American Minorities see handouts going to Migrants and that is a bad recipe for Biden. Add in Gasoline proces are significantly higher under Biden (Not totally under his control) but optics are bad there for his admin. These are what Americans see every day---costs of goods and services that are needed, are out of control. Raising minimum wage doesn't help that.

Biden touts job creation but leaves out Trump had the pandemic.
Trump fucked up the pandemic, yeah. That was the reason job growth was negative during his presidency. And look around the world. Economies all recovered to some extent following the pandemic, but none has recovered as strongly as the U.S. To a large extent, that's a result of the strong policy response. Further, inflation was up all over the world after the pandemic, but the U.S. has done better there than other developed countries as well.

It was inevitable jobs would increase. Bidens worst stat is that in his first 3 years inflation outpaced wages. The opposite of Trumps first 3 years. Inflation is real and is a huge issue for Americans. That resentment is realer than anything else. Now add in poor American Minorities see handouts going to Migrants and that is a bad recipe for Biden. Add in Gasoline proces are significantly higher under Biden (Not totally under his control) but optics are bad there for his admin. These are what Americans see every day---costs of goods and services that are needed, are out of control. Raising minimum wage doesn't help that.
Gas prices cratered because of the depressed economy, and they came back as the economy picked up.

Back