(Hypothetical) Potential Super HW fighters?

The HW division is already slow and untalented except for the top 10 (barely). Super HW fights would have only 1 round of action then absolute boredom due to both fighters being gassed.

Exactly, and there's no reason to have a division if the champ of a lighter division will demolish the SHW champ. I can't believe this keeps coming up.

Gas tanks are the problem.

Can you imagine a 5-rnd SHW fight?

Better make them 1-rnd fights.

Idk Bigfoot vs Hunt wasn't that far off, I bet if u weighed them fight night they'd be closer to SHW then Ud think

Exactly, and there's no reason to have a division if the champ of a lighter division will demolish the SHW champ. I can't believe this keeps coming up.

I'm saying fighters from the past as well thus my ex of Carwin with no cut before he lost his soul when Lesnar pulled out and he fought JDS vs Cain
He was never the same JDS threw everything at him and he just took it got gun shy
Pre that fight Carwin vs Cain at SHW could easily be all Carwin (in the 1 st at least)

Plus there's no way Shane and Lesnar fought below 265 for the belt
And remember Bigfoot vs Fedor rumors were everywhere Silva was 280

Sure he would. We all know how well people with zero relevant martial arts training do in MMA.

Well, it is clearly documented Arthur's ridiculous superiority in amateur wrestling over his brother Jon. If 10,000 wins and 0 losses to brother Jon is irrelevant toward MMA, OK then!

matt-serra-video.jpg

Bigfoot Silva
Brock Lesnar
Josh Barnett
Mark Hunt
Roy Nelson
Soa Palelei
Ubereem
Uber Mir

Outside recruits:
Tim Sylvia
Mariusz Pudzianowski
James Thompson
Bob Sapp (lol)

the talent is just not there in my opinion. there are barely even any heavyweights anymore. if the ufc had more heavyweights and they were subject to the same scrutiny as most other divisions, half the guys on the roster would probably have been cut, but they've not because they need the numbers! the SHW division would be like that, but with less guys and even crappy gas tanks.

i checked just out of interest and look at last year:

1. UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Dollaway --- 0
2. UFC on Fox: dos Santos vs. Miocic --- 3
3. The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned Finale --- 0
4. UFC 181: Hendricks vs. Lawler II --- 2
5. UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Swanson --- 2
6. UFC 180: Werdum vs. Hunt --- 1
7. UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. St. Preux --- 0
8. UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Bisping --- 1
9. UFC 179: Aldo vs. Mendes 2 --- 0
10. UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Saffiedine --- 0
11. UFC Fight Night: Nelson vs. Story --- 0
12. UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso --- 0
13. UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Nelson --- 1
14. UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. Arlovski --- 1
15. UFC Fight Night: Jacare vs. Mousasi --- 2
16. UFC 177: Dillashaw vs. Soto --- 0
17. UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. dos Anjos --- 0
18. UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Le --- 0
19. UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. St. Preux --- 1
20. UFC on Fox: Lawler vs. Brown --- 0
21. UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Brandao --- 0
22. UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs. Miller --- 0
23. The Ultimate Fighter: Team Edgar vs. Team Penn Finale --- 1
24. UFC 175: Weidman vs. Machida --- 0
25. UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Stephens --- 1
26. UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs. Marquardt --- 1
27. UFC 174: Johnson vs. Bagautinov --- 1
28. UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov --- 0
29. The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale: Miocic vs. Maldonado --- 3
30. UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Mousasi --- 1
31. UFC 173: Bar

Well I think it's nuts to cut HW but just for the sake of devils advo - what happens to the top 5-10 HWs? Does Cain drop down and get a auto title shot?

Barnett ... not Josh, the other ...

btw actually there's not enough material for a championship, they could do 1-round SHW fights with some freakshow fighter and without a belt ...

if I'm not wrong UFC had a SHW fight before, wsa it Barnett vs. McGee?

Can Cain make it over 265 pounds, if not, he can't fight in that weight class.

He can just weigh in with some shoes and jeans and he would still smoke everyone in that division.

Ha I dnt need to click it I saw that page when I was looking up the fights for Japan's NYE event.... I'm not talking about these types of fighters

Huggy Bear is a serious fighter, dude just refuses to lose any weight

Good point/ Good point and I disagree, one ex- I think a 300 lbs Carwin would before he lost all confidence would give Cain and Werdum a lot of trouble

Carwin didn't lose confidence, he just lost his health. Dude had massive back problems.

Back