Hypothetical match-up: Prime GSP vs Prime Sakuraba

It's more amazing to never get punched in the head for a living, which the vast majority of the world can say for themselves.

If your goal is to take as little damage as possible combat sports should be your last choice as a pro athlete. Boasting about having less head trauma in a sport that's all about head trauma is dumb. Anyone in the NBA and soccer could laugh at GSP.
No they can't.

If you think the idea behind combat sports is to get your brains turned to mush, I don't think you understand what you are watching.

I'm sure those MLB and NBA players that had their careers ended from injuries due to those sports, that made less money than Georges are just laughing right now. Hilarious!

Saku was ahead of his time.

But GSP got to learn in a more evolved era.

Not a fair comparison.
Agreed. Saku was great for his time, and he is a true legend. But I'd say he's a product from the pre-modern era. Guys like GSP stand on the shoulders of giants like Saku.

Agreed. Saku was great for his time, and he is a true legend. But I'd say he's a product from the pre-modern era. Guys like GSP stand on the shoulders of giants like Saku.
"a product from the pre-modern era"

That´s a myth.

He didnt even go through Early Pancrase/Rings. Forget about NHB/Vale Tudo...

GSP all day. In before Saku fanboys live in their world of nostalgia.
Are you not a Saku fanboy? Because that is basically the same as admitting you’re a horrible human being if you are not

Jones GOAT?
Nope. His competition is so fucking overrated. I think even Ms competition is better than Jones's.

Brock is the greatest part time fighter.

Brock beat DC and defend his title a few times = UFC HW GOAT.

He held the two most respected belts in the sports entertaiment: UFC GOLD & WWE.
He showed what can be achieved with pure athleticism: UFC Gold & NCAA.

Since he did all this as a part time fighter, he is the ultimate GOAT.
Get ready, dc fanboys.
<DCrying>

Are you not a Saku fanboy? Because that is basically the same as admitting you’re a horrible human being if you are not
Pretty sure the general consensus here is I am a terrible person.

Wanderlei is my alltime fav and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching him knock Saku dead... Lol

GSP wasn't stupid enough to believe he belonged in there with Aroma or Wanderlei of Crocop thus GSP has a 10x more functioning brain
indeed smarter to fight BWs like Ivan, and then find clueless fans to praise him...

Saku was ahead of his time.

But GSP got to learn in a more evolved era.

Not a fair comparison.
Interesting... his WW div was actually disorganized when he established himself...

Evolution is a matter of perspective... People forgot, but some fighters back then had a modern skillset.. Guys like Ebenezer Braga for instance...

Sakuraba not smart enough to out gameplan GSP. People like him because he beat some one dimensional Gracies back when the name wasn't worthless and had balls 10x the size of GSP's and would fight anyone, but Georges safety first St. Pierre was a better athlete and fighter.
SAKU GOAT ws actually more than smart [in the ring, not while negociating], his traps and transitions were on another level and much ahead of his time.
If No Rush was bluffed by Hughes´decent transition to armbar, imagine SAKU...

Wanderlei is my alltime fav and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching him knock Saku dead... Lol
Terrible person nah, only a clueless bum constantly owned in most threads [see the recent Connor/Reyes article thread]..

Dedicated to your hero´s lack of courage:

pele hughes_pele.JPG

No they can't.

If you think the idea behind combat sports is to get your brains turned to mush, I don't think you understand what you are watching.

I'm sure those MLB and NBA players that had their careers ended from injuries due to those sports, that made less money than Georges are just laughing right now. Hilarious!

Yes they can. Countless guys in MLB and NBA make way more money than GSP for way less bodily damage.

The entire point of prize fighting is to hurt your opponent until they can't continue for money. If you think otherwise you don't know what you're watching. GSP has taken so much brain damage he loses track of time and actually thinks he got abducted by aliens.

By your very logic, a promoter like Dana White who made 20x more money than GSP in MMA for no punches to his body is 100x smarter than GSP. If you're 100x dumber than Dana White should you really be boasting about the brain you have on you?

Yes they can. Countless guys in MLB and NBA make way more money than GSP for way less bodily damage.

The entire point of prize fighting is to hurt your opponent until they can't continue for money. If you think otherwise you don't know what you're watching. GSP has taken so much brain damage he loses track of time and actually thinks he got abducted by aliens.

By your very logic, a promoter like Dana White who made 20x more money than GSP in MMA for no punches to his body is 100x smarter than GSP. If you're 100x dumber than Dana White should you really be boasting about the brain you have on you?
Now you're changing your story.

You said the whole point of MMA is to get brain damage and take damage. Now you're saying the point is to inflict damage.....

Georges spent most of his fighting career taking little to no damage. How stupid of him. He should have been more like a Diaz since the point is to take damage.

All those NFL'ers killing themselves because they have so much brain damage is sure showing Georges who made the right career choice.

Prime Saku because he fought heavyweights. GSP was afraid to fight above 170 for years.

Prime Saku because he fought heavyweights. GSP was afraid to fight above 170 for years.
Saku got slept by Nino Schembri. Yeah, GSP would have no chance.

This is the part you bring up Serra...... Serra is a better fighter than Nino Schembri.

Now you're changing your story.

You said the whole point of MMA is to get brain damage and take damage. Now you're saying the point id to inflict damage.....

You're arguing semantics. The whole point of professional MMA is to take and give damage for money.

Georges spent most of his fighting career taking little to no damage. How stupid of him. He should have been more like a Diaz since the point is to take damage.

GSP spent his entire career taking way more damage than countless guys in NBA, MLB and professional soccer for way less money. He spent his entire career taking way more damage than Dana White for a tiny fraction of Dana White's money. He took enough brain damage to think aliens abducted him and made him lose time. He is in no position to boast about the brain he has.

All those NFL'ers killing themselves because they have so much brain damage is sure showing Georges who made the right career choice.

Dana White made 20x more money than GSP for no damage so clearly Dana White is 100x smarter than GSP. Like I said, when you're 100x dumber than the red lying goof, should you really be boasting about how your brain?

<3><3><3>

Back