Hygiene

mycompy386*

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm a dirty bastard period. I'm probably the breeding grounds for many diseases including but not limited to herpes and staph. I was wondering what are some simple ways to be hygienic for BJJ. I read something around the forums about using a clorox spray on your gi to disinfect it (I guess) and something about a product called hibiclens for one's skin. What other methods are used to stay hygienic? Also would you guys recommend the first two (I have a blue gi and assumed the clorox spray would discolor it)?

A simple way to have good hygiene would be to shower daily and wash your gi after each time you use it.

CLIP YOUR TOENAILS AND FINGERNAILS :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:'S!!! Seriously, i can't stand getting random cuts from toenails and fingernails. It's such an easy way to get staff infections.

showers preferably before and after training, washing your gi after use, keeping fingernails trimmed, washing your hands, wiping equipment with antibacterial wipes is good too..

Hygiene is really no different than what mom would have done: take daily showers and wash your gear after EVERY class. These are the biggest ways to defeat skin diseases in grappling.

It sounds like the hygiene message is so loud and clear in the states compaired to here in aus (or atleast at the place i train). We have some really smelly bastards come to training and i swear somtimes their gi's are even wet from last lessons training, its messed up!

hibiclens is great. i use it to clean any part of me that was exposed during rolling.

I hate smelly bastards! specially the ones that don't wash their gi, leaving it unwashed for weeks on end.. don't know what is the big deal about washing your gi!

Brush teeth, shower before and after, wash gi after every class (including gash guard), cut toe nails.

There is a conference that is going on about the problem of hygiene in hospitals, but also the issue of non-hospital infections of resistant bacteria.

Bottom line: Wash yourself and your shit every single time. If you come in sweaty, wash/ shower before training as well.

A simple way to have good hygiene would be to shower daily and wash your gi after each time you use it.

DING DING DING! Dude how the FUCK do you not bathe after each class? Its the FIRST thign I do when I walk in my apt! You have leg hair, other peoples sweat, possible ring worm, your own sweat and god knows what else on you.....you are nasty!

Back