HW newcomer Cyril Asker makes UFC debut in Croatia against Jared Cannonier

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Via MMAjunkie.com

Don't really know to much about either of these guys, though Cannonier didn't show a ton of promise in his debut, also was a very tough first fight against Shawn Jordan.

This is the 5th HW bout added to the card.

Card now features -
Junior Dos Santos vs Ben Rothwell
Gabriel Gonzaga vs Ruslan Magomedov
Igor Pokrajac vs Jan Blachowicz
Mairbek Taisumov vs Damir Hadzovic
Timothy Johnson vs Marcin Tybura
Nicholas Dalby vs Bartosz Fabinksi
Francis Ngannou vs Bojan Mihajovic
Jared Cannonier vs Cyril Asker
Damian Stasiak vs Filip Pejic
Bojan Velickovic vs Alessio di Chiricio

Similar fighters, mix of submissions and TKO's. Though neither have deadly power, Cannonier probably hits harder.

Jared should take this by submission in the second.

Cro Cop comes from the crowd, jumpes the barricade and wins by KO knocking both of them out via LHK. It will be poetic..

This is a pretty terrible card. I hope they add atleast two more quality fights to it.

This is a pretty terrible card. I hope they add atleast two more quality fights to it.
I agree it's not the best name wise and it's hardly FS1 worthy, but I do love the fact that they are putting 5 HW fights on one card. That's pretty rare. Like I said not the best name wise at all, but it could still turn out to be a fun card. As I always say, you never know how good a card is until it's over

It's not that bad for a European card. Tons of potential KO's.
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of KO's will happen when you've got 5 heavyweight matchups on the card. There's the upside.

I agree it's not the best name wise and it's hardly FS1 worthy, but I do love the fact that they are putting 5 HW fights on one card. That's pretty rare. Like I said not the best name wise at all, but it could still turn out to be a fun card. As I always say, you never know how good a card is until it's over
Definitely seems like it should be a Fight Pass card. I'm hoping we atleast get 1-2 more good fights but I'm not holding my breath.

I like it both like to trade and are fairly small, fast HWs.

I like it both like to trade and are fairly small, fast HWs.
Yeah wasn't Cannonier scheduled for a LHW fight recently? Or maybe he just announced he'd be fighting there I can't remember. Could be a really fun Ced with 5 HW fights scheduled so far

Yeah wasn't Cannonier scheduled for a LHW fight recently? Or maybe he just announced he'd be fighting there I can't remember. Could be a really fun Ced with 5 HW fights scheduled so far

He had a 205lb fight scheduledthen got injured...IV ban must've forced his hand to remain a smaller HW?

Yea he was supposed to fight Jonathan Wilson in Nashville. Probably bailed on the drop once they announced the IV ban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back