HW fights vs FLW fights?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by wilKO, Jun 11, 2017.

1. wilKO

wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

If HW fights don't end in 2 rounds they are usually completely shit and usually embarrassing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

FLW fights are seen as uninteresting as there is a lack of power and a perceived notion that the fight will go the distance.
    [​IMG]

What is worse? A fight where the guys move in slow motion and throw 8 strikes a round and then have their hands on their waist or a fight were the guys are really small and throw 50 strikes a round at high speed but don't have the power of Hunt?

Lewis vs Hunt reminded me (not that I needed it) that everything between LW and LHW is far more entertaining than HW and looks much better and higher quality on the whole.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    ZackZed and spinitch like this.
  2. FoxK2001

FoxK2001 Banned Banned

Hunt wasn't gassed so what are you talking about? it's not hunt fault that lewis gassed and ran the whole fight.

freakyfarley likes this.
  3. wilKO

Hunt wasn't gassed? I never said he was. He still threw 10 strikes all fight. And Lewis did nothing but look awful after round 2.

4. freakyfarley

freakyfarley Adam Farley inc.

I thought you meant like Mark Hunt vs DJ

wilKO likes this.
  5. FoxK2001

FoxK2001 Banned Banned

hunt was stalking him the whole fight but lewis run the whole fight... what was he supposed to do?

6. ssBaldy

ssBaldy Russian belt

I like HW fights. HW has Fedor, CroCop, Nog, Barnett, Werdum, Stipe and many more -all guys of highest level, who performed astonishingly.
    125 has Mighty Mouse and that's it. Also, almost inexistent one punch/kick KO possibility makes 125 unwatchable for me, same with WMMA.

7. mmacasualviewer

mmacasualviewer Hardcores vs Casuals

That's why you need money fights and match making. Make Rockhold fight Hunt. Cornered by 2 guys who would definitely beat Hunt.

8. wilKO

Maybe throw some strikes like guys in other weight classes do? Lewis looked terrible. If he stood there all fight looking for the exit in any other weight class his opponent would get him out of there much quicker. That fight was shit.

You make it seem like Lewis fought like Machida or something and was hard to hit. He didnt. He was stuck in quicksand and basically saying "I'm done" and Hunt did almost nothing. I'm glad Hunt got him out of there but most of his fights look awful if they don't end quickly.

9. FoxK2001

FoxK2001 Banned Banned

problem was that lewis didn't came to fight... he came to not get finished. Hunt saw that he has the fight in the bag, so why risk against a fighter that clearly isn't there to win but to survive? It was obvious that the finish will come in the championship rounds, but by forcing it in early rounds, he would have risked to get countered. I agree that he could have finished him much earlier, but was too afraid to not get caught in his home town.

spinitch likes this.
  10. wilKO

I agree. But it made for an amateur looking fight.

11. ftpngo

ftpngo Green Belt

yeah but people will tune in for the big knockout that usually comes. when it doesnt the fight usually sucks. it is what it is.

12. FoxK2001

FoxK2001 Banned Banned

yeah... hunt looked a bit weak for not pulling the trigger on a opponent that had no businesses in there. But I feel that the pressure was too much on hunt. He was already on 2 losing streak, has a conflict with the ufc, was in his hometown and is 43 years old... so if he got popped again it would have really been over for him. He hasn't got much time left and losing one of his last fights in his hometown would have looked really bad.

13. ostlerrage

ostlerrage Black Belt

Nope. i enjoyed the fight from start to finish. fat fucks generally get finished and dont make the ufc. duh.

14. spinitch

spinitch Purple Belt

Hunt did his homework paced himself so he could land a solid one eventually as BB slowed. Of course Hunt wanted an earlier finish but he fought safely within his comfort zone and got the win.

15. peterparker66

peterparker66 Black Belt

I like a lot more Fly weight fights then I do Heavy weight fights , there are very few Heavy weight fights that I enjoy these days but to each their own .

16. xyzxyz94

xyzxyz94 Purple Belt

The average heavy weight isn't a very good athlete. If you were big and had any amount of athletic potential as a kid you were probably playing football, rugby or some sport where your size could be used to an advantage. A small kid with good athletic potential growing up was way more likely to be put into martial arts because there size wouldn't be a hinderance since they are going against people their own size.

It's not a good look for the sport that failed NFL athletes can come in and become top 10 fighters. Derrick Lewis was ranked #6 for God's sake, he literally has said he doesn't like fighting or training

17. CasualMMAFan

CasualMMAFan Banned Banned

Heavyweights are shitty fighters who can kick your ass
    Flyweights are great fighters who can't

18. Gangstub

Gangstub Green Belt

I still enjoy HW fights more, mainly because there's always a chance a KO at anytime. I.E Hunt/Lewis if the referee was Mario Yamasaki

19. Icecreamguy

Icecreamguy Blue Belt

I think stipe could beat every ufc 125er one after another in one night

20. Herr Webster

Herr Webster Purple Belt

Doesn't matter how many threads you make about it on an MMA forum, the vast majority of people are never going to choose a FLW fight over a HW fight.