HW fights vs FLW fights?

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
If HW fights don't end in 2 rounds they are usually completely shit and usually embarrassing.
fdafa.gif

mn2elh.gif

FLW fights are seen as uninteresting as there is a lack of power and a perceived notion that the fight will go the distance.
200w.gif

What is worse? A fight where the guys move in slow motion and throw 8 strikes a round and then have their hands on their waist or a fight were the guys are really small and throw 50 strikes a round at high speed but don't have the power of Hunt?

Lewis vs Hunt reminded me (not that I needed it) that everything between LW and LHW is far more entertaining than HW and looks much better and higher quality on the whole.

tumblr_nujlen02cG1s80fhyo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Hunt wasn't gassed so what are you talking about? it's not hunt fault that lewis gassed and ran the whole fight.

Hunt wasn't gassed so what are you talking about? it's not hunt fault that lewis gassed and ran the whole fight.

Hunt wasn't gassed? I never said he was. He still threw 10 strikes all fight. And Lewis did nothing but look awful after round 2.

Hunt wasn't gassed? I never said he was. He still threw 10 strikes all fight. And Lewis did nothing but look awful after round 2.

hunt was stalking him the whole fight but lewis run the whole fight... what was he supposed to do?

I like HW fights. HW has Fedor, CroCop, Nog, Barnett, Werdum, Stipe and many more -all guys of highest level, who performed astonishingly.
125 has Mighty Mouse and that's it. Also, almost inexistent one punch/kick KO possibility makes 125 unwatchable for me, same with WMMA.

That's why you need money fights and match making. Make Rockhold fight Hunt. Cornered by 2 guys who would definitely beat Hunt.

hunt was stalking him the whole fight but lewis run the whole... what was he supposed to do?

Maybe throw some strikes like guys in other weight classes do? Lewis looked terrible. If he stood there all fight looking for the exit in any other weight class his opponent would get him out of there much quicker. That fight was shit.

You make it seem like Lewis fought like Machida or something and was hard to hit. He didnt. He was stuck in quicksand and basically saying "I'm done" and Hunt did almost nothing. I'm glad Hunt got him out of there but most of his fights look awful if they don't end quickly.

Maybe throw some strikes like guys in other weight classes do? Lewis looked terrible. If he stood there all fight looking for the exit in any other weight class his opponent would get him out of there much quicker. That fight was shit.

You make it seem like Lewis fought like Machida or something and was hard to hit. He didnt. He was stuck in quicksand and basically saying "I'm done" and Hunt did almost nothing. I'm glad Hunt got him out of there but most of his fights look awful if they don't end quickly.

problem was that lewis didn't came to fight... he came to not get finished. Hunt saw that he has the fight in the bag, so why risk against a fighter that clearly isn't there to win but to survive? It was obvious that the finish will come in the championship rounds, but by forcing it in early rounds, he would have risked to get countered. I agree that he could have finished him much earlier, but was too afraid to not get caught in his home town.

problem was that lewis didn't came to fight... he came to not get finished. Hunt saw that he has the fight in the bag, so why risk against a fighter that clearly isn't there to win but to survive? It was obvious that the finish will come in the championship rounds, but by forcing it in early rounds, he would have risk to get countered. I agree that he could have finished him much earlier, but was too afraid to not get caught in his home town.

I agree. But it made for an amateur looking fight.

yeah but people will tune in for the big knockout that usually comes. when it doesnt the fight usually sucks. it is what it is.

I agree. But it made for an amateur looking fight.

yeah... hunt looked a bit weak for not pulling the trigger on a opponent that had no businesses in there. But I feel that the pressure was too much on hunt. He was already on 2 losing streak, has a conflict with the ufc, was in his hometown and is 43 years old... so if he got popped again it would have really been over for him. He hasn't got much time left and losing one of his last fights in his hometown would have looked really bad.

If HW fights don't end in 2 rounds they are usually completely shit and usually embarrassing.
fdafa.gif

mn2elh.gif

FLW fights are seen as uninteresting as there is a lack of power and a perceived notion that the fight will go the distance.
200w.gif

What is worse? A fight where the guys move in slow motion and throw 8 strikes a round and then have their hands on their waist or a fight were the guys are really small and throw 50 strikes a round at high speed but don't have the power of Hunt?

Lewis vs Hunt reminded me (not that I needed it) that everything between LW and LHW is far more entertaining than HW and looks much better and higher quality on the whole.

Nope. i enjoyed the fight from start to finish. fat fucks generally get finished and dont make the ufc. duh.

Hunt did his homework paced himself so he could land a solid one eventually as BB slowed. Of course Hunt wanted an earlier finish but he fought safely within his comfort zone and got the win.

I like a lot more Fly weight fights then I do Heavy weight fights , there are very few Heavy weight fights that I enjoy these days but to each their own .

The average heavy weight isn't a very good athlete. If you were big and had any amount of athletic potential as a kid you were probably playing football, rugby or some sport where your size could be used to an advantage. A small kid with good athletic potential growing up was way more likely to be put into martial arts because there size wouldn't be a hinderance since they are going against people their own size.

It's not a good look for the sport that failed NFL athletes can come in and become top 10 fighters. Derrick Lewis was ranked #6 for God's sake, he literally has said he doesn't like fighting or training

fdafa.gif

mn2elh.gif

200w.gif

Heavyweights are shitty fighters who can kick your ass
Flyweights are great fighters who can't

I still enjoy HW fights more, mainly because there's always a chance a KO at anytime. I.E Hunt/Lewis if the referee was Mario Yamasaki

I think stipe could beat every ufc 125er one after another in one night

Doesn't matter how many threads you make about it on an MMA forum, the vast majority of people are never going to choose a FLW fight over a HW fight.

Back