HUNTER fight shorts

Hunter is closed. The owner of the brand was Mauricio "Mauricao" and was killed past year.

Hunter is closed. The owner of the brand was Mauricio "Mauricao" and was killed past year.

wow thats a shame to hear. to the TS i have a pair of Hunter shorts and their great, if you can find a pair get them.

I actually tried to buy Hunter and bring it back to life but it got really complicated and we could not pull it off. Funny story. I was talking to an attorney for the estate and he said in broken English "he use Jui Jitus for the wrong reason, so he got assinated." I was like, whoa. I do BJJ, what is the wrong reason because I am a business owner and I want to be sure that does not happen to me.

Hunter is back. They have a store in the shopping center in Copa where all the little clothing shops are. I had a long rambling conversation with the lady that's running it now (widow of Mauricao maybe? She's related somehow, I think.) The have the "Red Belt" line and she was hoping the movie of the same name might help her get the business back on solid ground.

.:: Hunter & RedBelt ::. I don't think she has an online site for export yet.

They looked like high quality kimonos on par with the expensive Koral and Keikos that you see in the shops in Rio.

I should have bought one from her, but saved a few bucks on Kimono Fighter (and the pants shrank A LOT.) As a side note, back in July and August kimonos were more expensive in Rio (where they are made) than the same ones were in the US.

hey man do you live in rio??? Gringo?? eheheh

Gringo, yes. But unfortunately I don't live in Rio anymore. I did in the past, and my novia is a carioca, so I go back often.

I was there for a few months in July/August. Hoping to get back in February.

Hi. I'm staying in barra at the moment and was wondering where the jiu jitsu shops are located. I'm after some ear protectors. Thanks

I actually tried to buy Hunter and bring it back to life but it got really complicated and we could not pull it off. Funny story. I was talking to an attorney for the estate and he said in broken English "he use Jui Jitus for the wrong reason, so he got assinated." I was like, whoa. I do BJJ, what is the wrong reason because I am a business owner and I want to be sure that does not happen to me.
That does not sound like a "funny story" at all to me.

I'm hoping a US company would bring Hunter gear. I can't find it anywhere.

looks like a legit site to me..im considering gettin a pair of the hunter shorts myself

I have been looking for a place to order and have not found anything.

I have a pair of Hunter Fight Shorts, those old school tighty things, which I use as compression under my gi or shorts -- mostly, but sometimes I just go straight with them nut-huggers, especially when I do yoga...

...but my point is that it's a top quality brand and product. No other piece of gear has lasted like this... 10+ years. Machine wash and hang dry.

Back