Hunt is right. Its crazy that a convicted cheater still gets to keep his money

Hasn't it always been like that? Did Chael give some of his money back to Stann or Bisping? Hunt fucked up by not negotiating some decent show money.

Hunt got an extra 540,000 just to show up for this fight. So he did negotiate well. Apparently getting over 500,000 dollars then you normally make is still not enough for him to fight a guy on roids. Funny he didn't complain this much about the other guys who got caught using who he also fought.

I agree with you TS but its only crazy if you view it as an serious sport which MMA still is not imo especially in the way the UFC is presenting it. They are trying hard coming across as NFL/NBA-like sportsleague but they are nothing like that. Its a spectacle like the WWE which also makes it very fitting that at their 200th show they not only had a WWE star as mainevent but also did heavy copromoting with the WWE. Im pretty sure we gonna see more of this in the future. Actually I wouldnt be surprised if WWE and UFC unite one day.

And I agree with everyone saying PEDs are in every sport/sportsentertainment but either go full pride and allow PEDs or try to clean it up. Everything between just sucks really bad for the few athletes that still try to be clean. And seriously what was the biggest "success" WADA had yet? Banning nick diaz for years for cannabis abuse? Its a huge joke really.

I think his argument is perfect, but acting like a child gets you nowhere. Obviously I mean the 20% purse to the opponent in case of missing weight.

I think that it should be even higher than that in this case, cos when an opponent misses weight you are told beforehand, and you can decide what to do. Fighting a guy on PED's gives them an advantage just like being heavier than they should be, but with the difference, nobody tells you you are fighting a guy with that sort of advantage. Therefore the compensation should be higher.

Ok drama queen...if anything Hunt should be thanking Brock for the payday he got

The only people who care about ufc fines are the ones who actually stake their career in MMA. Brock doesn't give a shit. He doesn't need to ever return to the octagon, so what leverage does the UFC hve to enforce a fine on him even if they were willing to risk pissing him off?

Agreed OP but when have the UFC given a shit about the welfare of it's fighters? Remember Dana BRAGGING about how Rory MC was so concussed he didn't know what state he was in after the Lawler bout? No matter how much glitz and glamour they try dress this organisation up in, it's not easy to forget that it's run like a carny.

do you have any proof of this at all?

It's a fair question. The intent of taking PEDs is to enhance one's capacity to accomplish the objective of the game, hurting one's opponent. The prohibition of PEDs is predicated on the assumption that they function as expected. But those who make the rules and those who break them could be wrong; maybe fighters on drugs are no more effective than a comparably skilled fighter of the same size. As a test case, may I suggest Brandon Vera vs. Thiago Silva?

Ok drama queen...if anything Hunt should be thanking Brock for the payday he got

Well, Hunt would have received the same payday if Lesnar had shown up clean, so I don't think the big payday invalidates his complaint.

Hunt got an extra 540,000 just to show up for this fight. So he did negotiate well. Apparently getting over 500,000 dollars then you normally make is still not enough for him to fight a guy on roids. Funny he didn't complain this much about the other guys who got caught using who he also fought.
Oh snap, so he got his Mendes/Diaz payday?! Wtf is complaining about then?! Hunt needs therapy. There's alot more than just getting beat by a roider behind his belligerent rant.

Wait, did I miss where he was "convicted"? I don't expect much to change, but as far as I know everyone is allowed to plead their case.

Hunt fucked up by not negotiating some decent show money.

The fuck are you talking about??? His purse was 700k for UFC 200. Before that his purse was 160k. He made 4.375x his usual pay to fight Brock.

It's a fair question. The intent of taking PEDs is to enhance one's capacity to accomplish the objective of the game, hurting one's opponent. The prohibition of PEDs is predicated on the assumption that they function as expected. But those who make the rules and those who break them could be wrong; maybe fighters on drugs are no more effective than a comparably skilled fighter of the same size. As a test case, may I suggest Brandon Vera vs. Thiago Silva?

While I don't think PEDs inherently increase striking power what steroids do that can be a major benefit is make muscle recovery much faster allowing a fighter to train more often than one without steroids. Other PEDs of course do other things like increase cardiovascular potential. I think steroids allow a fighter to much quicker close that skill gap and strength gap than they potentially could without.

Oh snap, so he got his Mendes/Diaz payday?! Wtf is complaining about then?! Hunt needs therapy. There's alot more than just getting beat by a roider behind his belligerent rant.

I really have no idea what his issue is. He's 12-11 in his career got 700,000 for that fight but is still pissed and still wants more money. Then on top of that he's going off on the company that just paid him 700,000 for that fight. They should have gave that fight to the black beast he would have been much much more appreciative about getting that much but then again he clearly says he's only doing this to make money.

He literally just came, stole our money and Hunt's and then failed a drug test and fucked off

What a fucking fuck

While I understand Mark's anger and he has every right to be - I don't argree with all his ideas for clearing the sport of cheaters.

It is not a criminal offense as it stands and there is no reason to make it one, there should be a financial penalty but you can't take the entire purse.

No sport, at any elite level WILL EVER BE CLEAN FROM PEDS - people need to get that through their skulls. You need to serve up good deterrents but understand nothing will ever be truly effective - at the elite level there is too much money at stake - guys will always take the risk.

This doesn't make any sense, guys who take those risks should be banned from the sport entirely. It's cheating, plain and simple. Just because you think the problem is to vast to be fixed doesn't mean it should be ignored. Being harsher on these cases would do nothing but good for the sport.

While I don't think PEDs inherently increase striking power what steroids do that can be a major benefit is make muscle recovery much faster allowing a fighter to train more often than one without steroids. Other PEDs of course do other things like increase cardiovascular potential. I think steroids allow a fighter to much quicker close that skill gap and strength gap than they potentially could without.

I claim no expertise in the area of pharmacology. I have certainly heard of the abridged recovery time PED users experience after their workouts. If that's all the drugs have to offer, they would enhance a fighter's destructive potential only indirectly. I mentioned the Vera-Silva fight not only because the loser took unusual damage from the cheater, but also because he complained of an unusual disparity in strength (which Joe Rogan also commented on during the fight). In a similar vein, I quote Chael Sonnen:

EPO, as I understood then (and later confirmed by using it), was sports training’s holy grail. I had heard about what it could do for athletes, but believe me when I tell you, if you are going up against someone who’s been taking it when you haven’t … you are going to lose, and lose badly.

Sonnen seems to believe the drug did more than enhance the effectiveness of his training. Admittedly, I don't have any detailed explanation of how PEDs affect a user's capacities. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in.

I really have no idea what his issue is. He's 12-11 in his career got 700,000 for that fight but is still pissed and still wants more money. Then on top of that he's going off on the company that just paid him 700,000 for that fight. They should have gave that fight to the black beast he would have been much much more appreciative about getting that much but then again he clearly says he's only doing this to make money.
Black Beast, Todd Duffee, Josh Barnett, even Carwin. They were all ready, and probably would have put up a better fight. I think Mark might be going through some personal issues. I hear he is quite unstable.

or even a big chunk of this money.

They should really get NOTHING at all, and they shoud also be in front of court, because thats actually a crime. Hunt's right here.

This is not true at all. Lesnar has not been convicted of anything. I doubt he is innocent but you are not giving him due process and just assuming guilt, Hunt is not American so he does not understand this. He must be a Clinton supporter.

He literally just came, stole our money and Hunt's and then failed a drug test and fucked off

What a fucking fuck
Lol @ him stealing Hunt's money. Hunt made the biggest purse of his career by a significant amount fighting Brock. If anything Brock gave him a gift

Back