Humans need not apply

Chinballs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What do you think about this WR? It's not exactly something new under the sun and could easily be predicted when the first game bots arrived back in the 90's.

In my opinion, we are on a collision course with our outdated monetary system and automation is the asteroid coming our way.

I've seen other videos on this subject and agree with the tone that our financial system being incompatible with automation.

Anecdote incoming: My first full time job was stacking what are called keystone block, they are 116 lb concrete blocks that come out of the machine once every three seconds. When I started the production line have five people just for stacking, soon after I started it dropped to three because of a hydrolic arm that kinda stacked for you. Then there came the turn tables to wrap the pallets with cling film and then we were down to two guys on the line per machine. Now, after I've moved on you only need one person per machine and he only needs to push buttons and wait for the forklift to take them away.

Once the Japanese automate prostitution, I think we've laid the critical milestone. Who even needs humans any more when robots can pleasure each other?

Remember when people in the 50's and 60's thought automation was going to lead to a life of leisure? Suckers!

Remember when people in the 50's and 60's thought automation was going to lead to a life of leisure? Suckers!

It worked for horses!

Although the number of horses was largely reduced. Maybe the same thing will happen to people.

It worked for horses!

I wouldn't be so certain about that. Obama signed a law that allowed them to be slaughtered. Obama hates horsekind.

(Though being the politician he is, he reversed his position when it became apparent that the hoi polloi were not happy.)

Good. Hopefully people go extinct.

As long as retards keep blaming the poor for the problems created by the rich, it will be a disaster.

Back