Huge thanks to SambSteve

matador1872

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks guys in this sport are just a bunch of meathead jocks should meet this guy. As most of you know, he was scheduled to come to Mississippi this weekend to help with a benefit seminar.
Well, his airport ride that was supposed to take 5 - 6 hours turned into almost 24. Like the trooper he is, he stuck it out and made it to town about 2 hours before the seminar started.
I can not start to describe how good his demo of leg locks was. Everyone enjoyed it greatly.
Also, I would like to thank Renato Tavares and Rich Clementi. They took valuable time out of their schedules to come in and help.
Tavares drove 9 hours to do a 2 hour demo than jumped in his car and drove 9 hours back for an appointment. True professional.
Rich took time out of his training for his big fight against Sam Stout to come up and show some great takedown drills.

Only time I got nervous was when Steve was showing his two mintes of hell drill and two guys were cranking on Rich's legs. I could just see the headlines " Rich Clementi had to pull out of his fight next month due to a blown out knee!" Luckily they took it easy on him.

Back