Huevos Rancheros

48LawsOfPower

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I tried this that was in Muscle and Fitness a few months back its pretty damn good, thought I would share.

Huevos Rancheros

MAKES ONE SERVING

* 1 garlic clove
* 1 jalapeno, stemmed
* 1/2 cup minced cilantro
* 1 (14.5-oz.) can recipe-cut tomatoes
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
* 2 eggs
* 1 whole-wheat tortilla

Place garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, tomatoes and salt into a blender and puree.

Pour into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. This makes 2 cups of salsa ranchero; set aside 1/2 cup and freeze the rest. Meanwhile, fill a deep skillet almost to the brim with water, bring water to a boil, then add vinegar.

Gently crack eggs into a small dish. Submerge one side of dish into the boiling water and let eggs flow into the skillet. Cover skillet, turn off heat and let eggs cook for four minutes.

Remove eggs with a slotted spoon. To assemble, place tortilla on a plate, top with eggs and 1/2 cup salsa. Serve immediately.

How deep should the skillet be?

I hate vague directions.

you forgot beans in that

when my mom makes themn (im mexican) she puts the tortill open on a plate then she spreads the mushed beans on the tortillas and then she puts the egg on the beans and the salsa over it...the best breakfast ever and by mushed beans i mean that she fries the beans and then she mushes them i cant figure out a better word for it sorry

buakawfan87 said:
you forgot beans in that

when my mom makes themn (im mexican) she puts the tortill open on a plate then she spreads the mushed beans on the tortillas and then she puts the egg on the beans and the salsa over it...the best breakfast ever and by mushed beans i mean that she fries the beans and then she mushes them i cant figure out a better word for it sorry

You're mexican and you don't the word for REFRIED beans!? I agree, gotta have the no-fat Rosirita Refrieds.

buakawfan87 said:
you forgot beans in that

thanks will try and add that!!

Im a white boy lol

Back