Tech HTC newest Headset Vive Focus Vision

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
120 degree FOV 2448 x 2448 stand alone headset with wider FOV with 120 degree view. Display port direct connection for HQ wired connection. Eye tracking and auto IPV adjustment and facial tracking included. Sub 1000 dollar price point.

So it's been 12 years since the Oculus Rift came out, and it seems that the total number of games, apps, or other things that are actually worth doing can still be counted on one hand.

94e2g2.jpg

So it's been 12 years since the Oculus Rift came out, and it seems that the total number of games, apps, or other things that are actually worth doing can still be counted on one hand.

94e2g2.jpg
You don't do anything with driving or flying Sims I get it.

94e2g2.jpg
I basically look at vr as a portable giant screen mainly. I don't know if you ever tried the big screen app but it's incredible. Being able to project an Imax sized screen in front of you to watch movies or play games is something to experience. If you have a buddy, or several, you can sit in a virtual theater together , or whatever environment you choose.

Ever since I was a kid I always wanted to rent a theater to do that, so to do it on my rift was wild. I can only imagine how much better it is with a far better resolution. My VR experience is limited to the rift and the first Vive.

Some vr games are really cool, and like PEB said, racing/flight sims are made for it. There are far too few good ones though, and even then, the last thing I want to do is exercise while gaming lol.

I really just preferred just playing normal games on the big screen app sitting down, or using the headset for head tracking, while still using M&K or controller. Now that new ones all have pass through vision, I'm sure it will be a lot easier reaching for a snack, fixing an issue, or checking my phone without having to take the headset off. If you wear glasses like me, it's guaranteed smudge city taking it off and on.

I got tired of the production/smudging, and shitty resolution, and barely bothered with it once I bought a projector, and then giant tv, but I'm eager to get another if only when I can't be in my set up, or lie in bed.

@PEB One big issue I had with the rift was having to keep a monitor or tv on while using it. Is that required with modern headsets? Say I want to use the quest 2, or this one, and hook it up to my pc, do I need another screen on as well? Can we stream to the headset now too? The latter would be preferred.

I basically look at vr as a portable giant screen mainly. I don't know if you ever tried the big screen app but it's incredible. Being able to project an Imax sized screen in front of you to watch movies or play games is something to experience. If you have a buddy, or several, you can sit in a virtual theater together , or whatever environment you choose.

Ever since I was a kid I always wanted to rent a theater to do that, so to do it on my rift was wild. I can only imagine how much better it is with a far better resolution. My VR experience is limited to the rift and the first Vive.

Some vr games are really cool, and like PEB said, racing/flight sims are made for it. There are far too few good ones though, and even then, the last thing I want to do is exercise while gaming lol.

I really just preferred just playing normal games on the big screen app sitting down, or using the headset for head tracking, while still using M&K or controller. Now that new ones all have pass through vision, I'm sure it will be a lot easier reaching for a snack, fixing an issue, or checking my phone without having to take the headset off. If you wear glasses like me, it's guaranteed smudge city taking it off and on.

I got tired of the production/smudging, and shitty resolution, and barely bothered with it once I bought a projector, and then giant tv, but I'm eager to get another if only when I can't be in my set up, or lie in bed.

@PEB One big issue I had with the rift was having to keep a monitor or tv on while using it. Is that required with modern headsets? Say I want to use the quest 2, or this one, and hook it up to my pc, do I need another screen on as well? Can we stream to the headset now too? The latter would be preferred.
Me I am really getting into flight simulation games like Microsoft Flight Simulator or DCS. DCS requires a lot of time an training. It's funny to consider MSFS more of arcade like but compared to DCS it is. I have the full driving Simulator setup but untill F1 fixes it serious flaws Assetto Corsa needs to be replaced.

I have Quest 3 HTC , Vive Pro 2 are my primary headsets.

94e2g2.jpg

I wont say VR sucks I just think it lacks the software. Which I guess at the end of the day leads right back to VR sucks but I think the hardware\experience is great. Just there is no software like you said.

I used the original PS4 VR and I thought it was incredible. It was better than I thought it was going to be but I waited. Why? Because I knew the #1 issue would be software support. Another issue (this is personal) is that horror games seem to be one of the #1 genres that go VR mode. I can barely handle horror games with a controller on my big screen. I'll die with a VR headset on.

Me I am really getting into flight simulation games like Microsoft Flight Simulator or DCS. DCS requires a lot of time an training. It's funny to consider MSFS more of arcade like but compared to DCS it is. I have the full driving Simulator setup but untill F1 fixes it serious flaws Assetto Corsa needs to be replaced.

I have Quest 3 HTC , Vive Pro 2 are my primary headsets.
Do you still need to have PC VR games playing on another screen while using either headset? Can you stream them instead of needing a cable?
I wont say VR sucks I just think it lacks the software. Which I guess at the end of the day leads right back to VR sucks but I think the hardware\experience is great. Just there is no software like you said.

I used the original PS4 VR and I thought it was incredible. It was better than I thought it was going to be but I waited. Why? Because I knew the #1 issue would be software support. Another issue (this is personal) is that horror games seem to be one of the #1 genres that go VR mode. I can barely handle horror games with a controller on my big screen. I'll die with a VR headset on.
Yeah man, even the mountains scared me in Skyrim. I'm a little afraid of heights, and going up the huge mountain where you get the first dragon shout was bad enough, let alone the giant spiders. It's tolerable though, especially playing as a mage/archer. prob my fav VR game ever.

Pure horror games are too much however. One of the last games I played was a Silent Hill inspired game called Organ Quarter. It has a PS2/PS1-ish retro feel, which works incredibly well if you're a Silent Hill 1/2 fan. It's more unnerving than terrifying, still I could only play in short bursts.

It's on PS4 VR now, highly recommend it!

I don't know how some people play more realistic-looking horror games. I tried some Exorcist game, I didn't get far. Can you imagine playing PT, or Amnesia TDD in VR? I think @Dizzy played RE7 fully in it. I couldn't imagine doing that if it was my first playthrough.

Back