Hs anyone done the 100 man kumite in karate

abhi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I would like to know as I heard you have 2 get 51 wins or something like that, so how is a win , loss and draw decided b4 another steps in.

That is actually a really good question. I am interested as well.

Thanks for the link Soulfly. Interesting read for sure.

haven't like only five people done this so far and gotten through it?

wasnt there this K1 fighter who claimed he did the 100 man kumate, then got knocked out in his match. Whats the point of fighting 100 cans?

stealthkiller said:
wasnt there this K1 fighter who claimed he did the 100 man kumate, then got knocked out in his match. Whats the point of fighting 100 cans?
The point is that 99% of people fighting in K1 and K1 MAX could not do it.

It's an endurance test, a toughness test and a test of the will.

Most people who finish the 50 man kumite (let alone 100) go straight to the hospital and stay there for a while.

Not everything in martial arts is about fighting in K1.

stealthkiller said:
Francisco Filho. I saw him beat a guy up too... I can say both those things of most fighters.

[quote[wasnt there this K1 fighter who claimed he did the 100 man kumate, then got knocked out in his match. Whats the point of fighting 100 cans? [/quote]

Filo has beaten Remmy, mike bernardo, Iggy, leko, hoost, and aerts. That's one impressive recrod in K-1.

kumite... didn't van damme do that in one of his movies? lol

stealthkiller said:

Was he got knocked out in his match like once or twice (Bernardo... should it be
considered as a KO?)

But he knocked so many people out as well and beat so many top K-1 fighters
and he himself is considered as a top fighter.

He beat two grand K-1 champions in their prime (Aerts and Hoost) and other
two K-1 champions right after they won their belts (Hug, Remmy).

Also, he is the nemesis of 3X K-1 WGP Champ Aerts for giving him that shin problem
by busting it up so bad that Aerts is now constantly having shin injury after Filho
almost broke it.

He also handed 4X K-1 WGP Hoost his worst beating ever.

Doesn't that sound quiet impressive?

In my old Kyokushin class we me and another guy did 40 * 1 minute rounds alternating between Kyokushin style standup and wrestling against the other guys that would always circulate.

Crimson Tiger said:
Was he got knocked out in his match like once or twice (Bernardo... should it be
considered as a KO?)

But he knocked so many people out as well and beat so many top K-1 fighters
and he himself is considered as a top fighter.

He beat two grand K-1 champions in their prime (Aerts and Hoost) and other
two K-1 champions right after they won their belts (Hug, Remmy).

Also, he is the nemesis of 3X K-1 WGP Champ Aerts for giving him that shin problem
by busting it up so bad that Aerts is now constantly having shin injury after Filho
almost broke it.

He also handed 4X K-1 WGP Hoost his worst beating ever.

Doesn't that sound quiet impressive?

Worse than Kaman? Serious?

vitor3000 said:
OMG...I dont know if this is old news or not, but i was looking up kumite and look what i found. It has Gary Goodridge, Le Banner, and Van DAmme. :icon_evil

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410176/

Yeh I saw that a while back, as well. Gary Goodridge trains at my gym (It's in Toronto, ON - saying cuz u live there LOL) and when I saw him I said to him "haha, ur in that new Van Damme movie comin' out, huh" and he's like..ch'yeah. Just cuz of that I want to see it LOL. Van Damme better not **** this up.

Back