How would you rank these grapplers?

Ryo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In terms or accomplishment as well as who is the best among them, P4P as well as who has the best BJJ. I know some of these guys are in different weightclasses as well as different eras.

Roger Gracie
Marcelo Garcia
Romulo Barral
Leo Leite
Xande Ribiero
Andre Galvao
Jacare Souza
Braulio Estima
Rafa Mendes
Cobrinha
Bruno Malfacine
Leo Viera
Tarsis Humphreys
Bibiano Fernandez
Alexandre de Souza
Fernando "Terere" Agusto
Fernando Margarida Pontes
Claudio Calasans
Lucas Lepri
Demian Maia
Roberto Cyborg Abreu

Last edited:
That's a lot of dudes bro
Roger
Marcelo
Braulio
Cobrinha
Mendes
Galvao
Romulo
Xande
Malfacine
Calasans
Lepri
Tough list to make I did not include any now strictly MMA guys, and this is who I think has the best jiu jitsu right now

Last edited:
Yea it is. I just wanted to include some of the best of the past along with todays best. Didn't want to leave out alot I guess.

Dude damn it... okay

1) Roger Gracie
2) I honestly feel that Braulio and Marcelo are in a dead heat, one guy might be better than the other everyother day
3)Galvao
4) Cobrihna
5) Xande

Shit!

Okay Roger has a strong lead, everybody after that is pretty tough to call

Marcelo has nothing on Braulio that i know of - Braulio has tapped him the one time they have faced at black belt.

Most accomplished in terms of results would be Roger, then Xande overall.

Best p4p? hard to say, but probably Terere for the first part of the decade.

Marcelo has nothing on Braulio that i know of - Braulio has tapped him the one time they have faced at black belt.

I disagree and here's why -

1.) Braulio's tapped Marcelo twice that I know of off the top of my head, abu dhabi pro and adcc, but I don't think that makes him necessarily better. He is after all a weight class above him, and I think at that level, what I mean by that is between the best in the world, that makes a huge difference. Also I believe Marcelo has won his weight category in the mundials and adcc more times than Braulio, and made it to the finals in adcc 2007 despite being in the -77(?) weight class.

2.) In terms of innovation I think Marcelo takes it as well. A few years ago, almost EVERYONE was armdragging to the back for the RNC. Now I've noticed tons of people doing their guillotines like Marcelo instead of the traditional style.

Edit: btw, what I'm really disagreeing w/ is the statement that Marcelo has nothing on Braulio, not so much that he's better.

Last edited:
Roger Gracie
Braulio Estima
Marcelo Garcia
Romulo Barral
Rafael Mendes
Cobrinha
Xande Ribiero
Andre Galvao

bump

Curious how others outside of the usual named already would be ranked.

First off, WAAAAAY too many people to rank accordingly. But this is actually how it should look...

1.Roger Gracie

2.Marcelo GarciaRomulo BarralLeo LeiteXande RibieroAndre GalvaoJacare SouzaBraulio EstimaRafa MendesCobrinhaBruno MalfacineLeo VieraTarsis HumphreysBibiano FernandezAlexandre de SouzaFernando "Terere" AgustoFernando Margarida PontesClaudio CalasansLucas LepriDemian MaiaRoberto Cyborg Abreu

Oh and be ready for the obvious omission comments like, "WTF! NO Langhi?!?!?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back