How would you improve the Bellator PPV?

To me they need to advertise it more. At least we're finally seeing commercials on Spike but we should be seeing them on more channels. I also think they should offer to let bars show it for free. 95% of bars aren't going to buy it, might as well get some exposure out of it. One more unconventional idea would be maybe some kind of viral marketing, since they insist on having Spartan/Kongo maybe have a video of some guy at Dave and Busters freaking out after Spartan's KO of Johnson "surface" on vine or something just something small like that to drum up interest

i doubt they would be allowed to do that. the cable companies would go apeshit. this is the same reason the UFC ppv's on the internet are charged at the same rate as the TV version. cable companies FTW.

i doubt they would be allowed to do that. the cable companies would go apeshit. this is the same reason the UFC ppv's on the internet are charged at the same rate as the TV version. cable companies FTW.

Yeah, I admit I don't know anything about the logistics it was just a thought. Advertising on TNA was a good start but I haven't seen this advertised anywhere bit Spike and it's less than a month away, I can't believe that

Bellator should make Rampage vs Ortiz the second fight on PPV. I don't have an issue with the match but I have a major problem with the placing for some reason.

Kongo vs Spartan should be the head prelim.

Not a big fight but Paul Sass vs Marcin Held on the prelims. The prelims should showcase their young talent. The only match I am fine with is the Fight Master Finale.

I sure he meant the Faber/Aldo PPV, which took place very close to the end of Bellator.

When you look at some of the names on that PPV in hindsight and where they are today it's an impressive card. It was a blueprint for UFC future stars in the lighter divisions.

Jose Aldo (C)
Urijah Faber #2
Ben Henderson #1
Donald Cerrone #10
Scott Jorgensen #7
The Korean Zombie #5
Anthony Pettis (C)
Takeya Mizugaki #10
Chad Mendes #1
Demetrious Johnson (C)
Brad Pickett #6

When you look at some of the names on that PPV in hindsight and where they are today it's an impressive card. It was a blueprint for UFC future stars in the lighter divisions.

Jose Aldo (C)
Urijah Faber #2
Ben Henderson #1
Donald Cerrone #10
Scott Jorgensen #7
The Korean Zombie #5
Anthony Pettis (C)
Takeya Mizugaki #10
Chad Mendes #1
Demetrious Johnson (C)
Brad Pickett #6

Wow. Pretty cool when you think about it!

It's hard to say what they should do to improve it. Chandler and Eddie are their best fighters followed by Curran. Really they couldn't have done much without breaking their format more than they already have.

They should have done
Rampage vs King Mo
Chandler vs Alvarez 2
Curran vs Strauss 2
Vegh vs Newton 2
Patricio Fierre vs Justin Wilcox

$25 price tag. Tito and Rampage before any of the title fights.

Jose Aldo (C)
Urijah Faber #2
Ben Henderson #1
Donald Cerrone #10
Scott Jorgensen #7
The Korean Zombie #5
Anthony Pettis (C)
Takeya Mizugaki #10
Chad Mendes #1
Demetrious Johnson (C)
Brad Pickett #6

That's pretty crazy.

Not a whole lot they could do.

Pretty much throwing everything they got at it now. I'd put Chandler vs Eddie as the main event and Rampage vs Tito as co-main event. Truth be told I would've made Rampage vs King Mo. Though I have to believe that was talked about, at least common sense would say so, one of them must of nixed that ideal.

I'm not sure if Randy is 100% clear of his UFC deal for fights but if he is I would've tried to make a match of Randy vs Tito and bill it as a legends match. Otherwise try to get Frank vs Tito.

So it would be....
Eddie vs Chandler
Rampage vs King Mo
Randy/Tito/Frank...whatever combination you get to sign
Curran vs Straus
Maybe Pitbull vs Warren as a fun rematch.

Sell it for $40 or $35.

I'm not sure that card would even do any better though.

I like it. I'm going to watch it. If these exact same fights were on (maybe in a different order, ie. Rampage-Tito mid card) in the UFC people would say it was a good PPV.

Let's wait until we actually see it to criticise it or say "how we would improve it".

Back