How would you improve the Bellator PPV?

emelianenkoNog

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For better or for worse Bellator's inaugural PPV is almost upon us. Everyone has an opinion on it (mostly negative) but no one seems to be offering any better alternatives. So the question is how would you go about improving the show to give it the best chance of being a success? Change the matchups? Drop the price? Increase advertisement? The only answer that isn't acceptable is don't have it, since we know it's going down one way or the other.

i think maybe pushing it to there offseason, not in the middle of one. They could use an entire season to promote the PPV and still have some of there stars avaiable to fight during there Spike shows. Also start doing unrivaled shows on guys like Chandler & Curran or even Dantes not Warren & Frank (even though i really did enjoy his doc.).

For starters, I'd take Cheick Kongo off of it.

make one of the title fights the main event. $25 HD.

and um...i dunno.

Honestly they did a pretty good job or putting together a quality card, I wouldn't change it.

Haters are always gonna hate on it, they have nothing better to do.

They have all the right fights, but they really need to get their heads out of their asses and slash the price by at least 1/3. There's no way they can expect to charge people the same amount of money for a UFC PPV and do well, especially when there's a very stacked UFC PPV that same month.

This card is no worse than a lot of UFC PPVs in the last few years...UFC 130 147 149 and 161

dont forget the final WEC event which was a PPV

lol still cant believe they charged people for that

Bellator PPV isnt all that bad. My local bar is showing it and its worth a watch.

You must have been scammed by someone because that was a free event...

Lose the rampage v Tito fight. Or at least make it the 1st or 2nd fight on the card. But I'd rather scrap it entirely.

Make it cheaper. There are some great fights, but it needs mote advertising, and they need to make it cheaper. Viacom should be airing commercials on ESPN and Fox and stuff.

Honestly...Chandler-Alvarez, Curran-Straus, Page-Tito, Mo-Newton. I don't really see the problem with the PPV itself. It seems people are just upset that Page-Tito is promoted as the main event over Chandler-Eddie. Which is a legit gripe but the main card is one of the more quality PPV main cards from top to bottom as i've seen all year. The free stuff looks pretty weak though.

They can probably improve promotion. It's unfair to suggest that the main card is weak when it's very strong. They are putting their best foot forward with IMO their two best champions vs. strong challengers.

Do we know how much this is going to cost yet?

change the lighting, change the color of the mats, and hire Da Bombers as the new CEO.

change the Rampage vs Tito match into a steel cage no time limit no pin match.... with all the TNA cronies ringside :)

seriously though i would remove the kongo fight (no point) and replace with a fighter like lima. downgrade the Tito fight to open the PPV, and have the two title fights mean something by being Main/co-main. King Mo /newton to be on the card but remove the interim part which is a joke.

dont forget the final WEC event which was a PPV

lol still cant believe they charged people for that

Bellator PPV isnt all that bad. My local bar is showing it and its worth a watch.

Uh. No, it wasn't. Who the fuck did you give money to?

To me they need to advertise it more. At least we're finally seeing commercials on Spike but we should be seeing them on more channels. I also think they should offer to let bars show it for free. 95% of bars aren't going to buy it, might as well get some exposure out of it. One more unconventional idea would be maybe some kind of viral marketing, since they insist on having Spartan/Kongo maybe have a video of some guy at Dave and Busters freaking out after Spartan's KO of Johnson "surface" on vine or something just something small like that to drum up interest

Back