How would you book Anderson Silva's retirement fight?

Whilst of course having a long career increases the risk of long term health problems for anyones I don't think Anderson is at the stage where he is suddenly taking lots of damage the way say Nog was in the last 5 years of his run.

I would still like to see Anderson/Shogun personally.

i think he is done, but i hope he gets to beat up kennedy before he retires

Depends on when he retires. It should probably be a Bisping rematch in Brazil in 2 or 3 years.

He goes over with a front kick to the face.

If you can't close out Bisping coming out into that 4th round, I think you should pretty much call it a day.

He said he's loving fighting again and he just made Bisping wear a Crimson mask. He's declined but he can still hang with the top 10 -- if he wants to keep fighting, he should be able to. I can see him staying competitive for a few more years and it's always fun watching Anderson fight.

But as for the retirement fight, it'd probably make sense to book Vitor 2. However, before then, I really want to see him fight Jacare, Mousasi, or Machida.

Anderson loves to fight and still has the skills to scare all but the best, in the octagon.

I would like to see him against Wonderboy Thompson, more than anyone, but I think there are 1/2 dozen fun fights the UFC could easily make.

GSP at 185... if he so chooses to step into the octagon once again... would be another. He was dangerous throughout the fight against a game and fairly tough opponent in Bisping. Still more fight left in him if he so chooses. It's not like he took serious trauma to the head in his last fight.

a lot of Sherworld is undervaluing Michael Bisping (and I don't even like the guy). It's not like Anderson lost to a can.

Anderson is fine, obviously not the scary striker with blazing reactions he once was but fought an extremely close fight with the best Bisping we've seen. Should fight a big name, top 5-10 guy but avoid top 5 for now. Mousasi?

If Shogun was/is serious about 185 div., that would be a fun fight to make.

I know this is sarcasm, but really? is it such a bad proposition?

I'm not being sarcastic. I never really got the big downer on PEDs in MMA. I mean sure, you're going to get the occasional dude who overdoes them and has a heart attack, but a lot of that is because the only medical advice you can really get for PED use is "Don't". If a fighter's knees go we let him get ACL/MCL surgery, if he breaks a limb we splint it, if his brow is all scarred we remove the scars to prevent bleeding - and yet if a fighter has tiny, non-functional testicles we expect him to go about all flaccid and weak.

Fie on that, says I! Give every fighter over 34 a weekly Roid Appointment at the UFC PED clinic and let them Hulk the fuck out if they like. Old fighters are gonna have name value and be on the UFC, so at least let them stand a chance.

Plus I really want to see what kind of shapes Anderson could throw while freaking the fuck out on MDMA.

Silva vs Weidman 3 for retirement , and if Silva wins, give Chris a rematch.

Back