How would Valentina and Holm do against Nunes in a 5 rounder?

?

• Total voters
Who cares?? This happened

image.jpeg

Anything else that happens in. WMMA afterwards is irrelevant

Nunes vs Valentina, I think Valentina wins a 5 rounder based on their last fight. Nunes gassed in the 3rd, and Valentina clearly won that round and she showed tonight vs Holly that she's a somewhat slow starter who can fight 5 rounds no problem.

Really hard to predict fights from that divison. The problem with Nunes is that her gas tank is not that great. It was visable in Schevchenko fight. So yeah Valentina wins in 5 rounds, Holly also can take this to a decision.

It'd be exciting thats for sure. Both Valentina and Nunes are as tough as they come

Unless Nunes works on pacing herself and her cardio any fighter that can make it past the first 2 rounds beat her imo.

Holly I honestly don't know since we've never seen the 2 matched up before. Holly looked her best when she played the matador and countered aggressive opponents and Nunes is very aggressive. But Nunes doesn't mind mixing things up and taking fighters to the ground so if she can get Holly down the fight becomes even more interesting.

Based off of their last fight I have to think that Shevchenko can beat Nunes in a 5 rounder assuming she makes it out of rounds 1 and 2.

All that said if I was Nunes and her coaches I would be putting in tons of cardio work. It is her one very glaring and obvious weakness. Now that she is champion all fights are 5 rounds and they can't just assume she will finish before it gets past round 2. But we have had fighters before with big cardio issues who for some reason or another never got past it, so I guess we won't know until she gets pushed that far again.

Valentina could beat her in a 5 rounder, but even if Nunes gassed against Holly, what's Holly gonna do? She's not a TD artist, and doesn't hit hard, at all.

Nunes would auto pilot the 4th and 5th rounds, and still beat Holly's ass. Holly is an extremely weak striker.

Also, Nunes is the one thats a black belt in BJJ, and shes infinitely more explosive and faster than Miesha.

I could see her beating the crap out of Holly with GnP, then sinking in her patented RNC.

Holly is garbage on the ground. I think Nunes would clip her, take her down, then submit her so easily, and have Holly reinact a rock em sock em robot while getting choked out like against Miesha.

Last edited:
I personally think both fights would look like Joanna vs Claudia 2.

Nunes beats Holm, no one is going to fight the Rousey type fight with her going forward. It is too easy to wreck her while staying back a bit and also taking her to the ground. Those stupid assortment of leg kicks (that mostly miss or if they land don't do any damage) she does and pawing at thin air really have taken the lustre off of her fight game. We will always have that Rousey KO to love her for but she is not a good MMA fighter. I don't even know how she did so well in a boxing ring, she doesn't jab, weak or no combo's at all, no uppercuts...I guess the state of Women's boxing is as bad as WMMA.

Where the fuck was Shevchenko for two rounds against Nunes ? I picked Holly mostly for that reason in the fight last night.

But that was a different girl last night. I'm still trying to make it all compute. She did ZERO for two full rounds last time. But if that last fight had been 5 rounds. Shevchenko would had killed Nunes some time in the 4th round.

Holly just does not do well unless the other fighter is coming forward. So maybe she'd beat Nunes in 5. But I dont know for sure.

I like Valentina's chances in a rematch, but can't count out Nunes she has all of the tools.

Think Shevchenko takes a five round decision against Nunes.

If Holly makes it out of the first couple of rounds, she might win by decision, but I can see Nunes out-grappling her. She is not undersized like Valentina.

Back