How would this work for DJs respect level?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Fahcough, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Fahcough

Fahcough Black Belt

Just a 'what if' thought. If DJ was set to fight Cruz, he gets hurt (slim chance) and someone offered to take DJ at 145lbs. Let's say Charles Oliveira on short notice. Would he gain the fans he can't seem to get the attention from? I know Oliveira is a ranked 45er and Nate isn't at 170 but just a bout out of his comfort level. Good for career or too dangerous to take?

Maybe grab a 135er and set fight at 145.

2. kammfreudenstei

kammfreudenstei Brown Belt

Came over here to say I think MM takes a lot of featherweights and all but one bantamweight

3. steliokontos

steliokontos Nunchaku Suspenders

I dont think he would do it, he would complain about potential brain damage and then act smug about it

chiefwiggum likes this.
  4. cumafish

cumafish Silver Belt

Would sell <100k ppv's and no one would care.

chiefwiggum likes this.
  5. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

DJ doesn't need your respect. He's got his own squad now buying his shirts and shit.

6. Fahcough

Fahcough Black Belt

Do they come in adult sizes?

He needs to branch out, at least give a ranked 135 a fun fight.

7. freaky

freaky Banned Banned

This is exactly what DJ needed. He needs to go back to BW and do a superfight. But he already lost to Cruz and that's the only reason why he is at 125. And that is also the reason why nobody gives a crap about him because he is not a true dominating champ. He just doesn't feel dominating to me knowing that he got killed by Cruz.

Samething for Conor. If he gets killed at a higher weight; doesn't matter how dominating he is at 145; he is just not the same guy to me anymore.

8. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum Red Belt

Damn man. Everybody loses. In all sports. Connors obviously not undefeated.

9. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Stop with the hyperbole. Cruz has only "killed" one fighter, and it wasn't DJ.

[​IMG]

10. Blond

Blond Purple Belt

Not a good example. Olivera is a big 145er as evidenced by his constant failures to make weight. Your scenario is equivalent to Connor fighting Gastelum, meanwhile he is fighting a LW in Nate. If you shift 196 two weight classes down it would be something like DJ vs McDonald, which is significantly easier and less riskier fight. I think DJ would accept a fight vs middle of top 10 bw, but he won't be fighting legit FWs, just like Connor probably would not fight a legit WW on short notice (not that he should).

11. freaky

freaky Banned Banned

oo do DJ won 1,3,5? He should definitely go up and be a double title holder before Conor. Nothing to prove at FLW. If he truly believes he is the #5 P4P in the world he would go back up to BW.

12. freaky

freaky Banned Banned

I agree but they either avenge it or show that they have outgrown them. Like Joe Duffy for example, Conor's last loss but by defeating Poirier and then Poirier defeating Duffy proves that Conor has outgrown Duffy and don't need to "avenge" it.

Samething for Pettis and RDA who lost to Guida but obviously have outgrown him and don't need to "avenge" it. But RDA still needs to avenge his loss against The Eagle cuz Eagle is still relevant and #1.RDA is paper champ until he defeats Eagle. Samething for DC, paper champ until Jones.

Samething for DJ avenging his loss against Cruz cuz Cruz is still BW champ.

13. SirKratos

SirKratos Silver Belt

You do realize the size difference between DJ and Cruz is equal to the difference between Conor-Rockhold at MW....