How would the Iron Sheik do in the UFC?

G0DSPEED

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
thumb.php

AAU Champion in 1971.
Coach for USA Wrestling in 1972.

Here is some examples of his aggression.

He is a proud Persian muslim. He does not like:
1) Europeans who resemble Alexander the Great.
2) East Asians who resemble Ghengis Khan.
3) Hulk Hogan.
4) Kurt Angle.

The biggest 'what if' when it comes to professional wrestlers and MMA is Kurt Angle.

His opponents would display humility after the fight from having a broken vertebra

He's get popped for steroids

He coudlnt take a punch

He'd pull some illegal WWF move such as grabbing the nut sack or hitting someone with a chair

In other words...BRUTAL

Break their backs and make them humble

I don't know, he's about 40 years out of his prime.

things could really blow up with him in the UFC

He's an A level athlete so I'm sure he would be champ in less than a year.

There was a guy screaming "camel clutch!!!", at 206, was it you?

Prime sheik like pre-pro wrestler sheik was an A level athlete. If mma existed in time where that version of the sheik existed, I'm sure he would've excelled on some level. He was a pretty dedicated dude early on from what picked up from his documentary.

The other poster mentioning angle is a solid point. If ever a "what if" existed it's got to be Kurt.

dominate

Sheik was a genuine nice guy with some issues but also a genuine bad ass with no fear

Doubt he would dominate...but yeah he's a nice guy when not playing his gimmick.

just my opinion, I know he was a great wrestler, ( not sure of his accolades but was very accomplished in Iran in wrestling) I hated him growing up because of his gimmick, but after reading about him and his trials in life, I became a fan, maybe thats what makes me think he would dominate, but I also took in consideration of him being an all around tough and intellegent guy

The real question is how would have Haku done in mma...

4348ffeeb1d075b15b05c34180f9c54c.jpg

haku.jpg

Haku bless??

Uncrowned king??

Back