How would Ricardo Arona do in UFC?

NuMe

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Arona was one of just few of the stars in PRIDE that didn't signed for UFC after Zuffa bought Pride.

Of his 14 career wins, 6 of them were TOP 10 wins (Mezger, Hendo, Ninja Rua, Sakuraba, Wanderlei and Overeem). He lost only to GOAT, Shogun, Wanderlei, Slam/Headbutt-KO to Rampage and got KTFO by Sokoudjou.

I'd say he was a jacked up brown boy in Pride, and we should deal with it, but how would his Ufc career go, champion, contender, gatekeeper, TOP 10, average, or he would be cut after two/three straight losses and some failed tests?

I'm not answering your question TS or taking a side or giving an opinion.

Let's just get this over with.

xxeVh.gif

He would've done great, his grinding style is better for Unified rules I feel. Granted his striking was basic at best, but his grappling and leg kicks were pretty good

He would do well, he had very good lowkicks on top of his groundgame, he took Wanderlei to the ground with a lowkick as well as Overeem, Rampage had big problems with this technique too.

But his boxing wasnt good and he had his chin waaaay up always, but a good eye also.
In the end, fighting is pure mental thing and if he doesn't want to fight to become the best anymore, he can't fight in UFC.

WIth that said, if he could keep Jones away from the clinch, he could beat him, just trash his chicken legs until he can't walk anymore, then take him down and submit him.
:D

The only man with a shot at John Jones...

If he had transitioned with the rest of the fighters from Pride, I think he would have done fine.

At that point he would be lucky to get a win.

Back