How Would Prime GSP Do In The Current MW Division?

Most of you must have never watched prime GSP. If the guy can step away for 3 years and win the belt from the champ you can't act like he wouldn't beat most if not all of the guys at MM. In his prime if he's put the weight on none of them beat him skill wise. The Serra thing was a fluke. He got caught behind the ear and hasn't made that mistake since. Hendricks was roided up so sad that people even bring his name up.

I’m a huge fan but he would struggle with a couple of guys. I think he could get the strap, maybe defend it a time or two, but wouldn’t have remotely the success he had at WW.

All that said, GSP was and is not big. He would have had more success at 155 than 185. No one would stand a chance against him at LW.

Hard to say. Current mw is pretty weak. We already have some WWs that exploited the situation, And moved up.

Bisping is a good win. He is a big mw, and a good mw, but GSP had beaten him in practice many times, so it was a pretty safe fight for him.

I think GSP does Ok at mw, but struggle with the bigger guys like Brunson And Luke And Weidman.

Most of you must have never watched prime GSP. If the guy can step away for 3 years and win the belt from the champ you can't act like he wouldn't beat most if not all of the guys at MM. In his prime if he's put the weight on none of them beat him skill wise. The Serra thing was a fluke. He got caught behind the ear and hasn't made that mistake since. Hendricks was roided up so sad that people even bring his name up.
If he gets clipped like he did against Condit by any of the top 5 then GSP would be laid the fuck out and you know it.

GSP beats literally 100% of the fighters at WW and below, any era.

GSP probably wins 95% of his fights at MW outside the top 5.

GSP probably wins 60% of his fights inside MW's top 5.

I personally think that GSP had enough training time with Marquardt and Weidman (very high level MWs but not quite the elite of the elite) to dissuade him from moving up. To me that means GSP would have been competitive at MW back in the day but I have a hard time seeing him win consistently even against the Tim Kennedy's and Brian Stanns, let alone durable, hard hitters who don't mind being taken down - like Romero and Jacare.

Prime GSP I think does rather well, but would def have trouble with the top 5.

knocked out everytime maybe he beat uriah hall and gastelum and thats all

He would probably be able to UD several of the smaller guys and the ones with bad TDD

GSP beats all fighters of all weight in all times. GSP would KO Ali in pure boxing in the 60's.
GSP would dominate the early no-weight-class MMA, he'd maul Cain, KO JDS and Ngannou, ragdoll Jones and Matrix Anderoid FraudSilva.

GSP is a true martial artists, avenged all his losses, won 1000 consecutive rounds and lives in the haters heads.

No Matts in the top 10?
GSP by decision.

Back