How would LHW Rumble have fared against the exciting 205 prospects of today?

walkietalkie

Lord of the gheys
Banned
Reaction score
I'm talking about guys like Johnny Walker, Aleksandar Rakic, Dominick Reyes, Volkan Oezdemir etc.

I think he beats Oezdemir and Reyes but gets knocked out by the new breed. Rakic and Walker are too long, technical, and athletic for Rumble. AJ's lack of striking technique and cardio would hurt him here imo.

Most of em are Strikers... typically striking with Johnson (especially at 205) is a terrible idea. And as we say with Manuwa he's always got wrestling he can toss out there if he wants to

Walker and rakic have a combined two top 15 wins
Two early to compare them to rumble
Rumble via having impressive win

I think Rumble smashes them all. Look what he did to everyone else. At the time, Gus was a huge win. Bader was and still is a great fighter too.

Rumble never lost to anyone outside of DC. That wouldn't change. If you don't have wrestling to control him, he knocks you silly.

I love it when people say Rumble didn’t have technique. It’s as if you have no eyes.

I love it when people say Rumble didn’t have technique. It’s as if you have no eyes.
He consistently displayed the worst striking technique out of any elite fighter in MMA history. Nothing but wild haymakers and telegraphed kicks.

I'd pick Rumble over any of them.

The guys who beat Rumble wrestle him. No one on the up and coming list would be able to do that.

Standing with Rumble indefinitely is a death sentence.

He consistently displayed the worst striking technique out of any elite fighter in MMA history. Nothing but wild haymakers and telegraphed kicks.

This is a dumb statement, and his fights against guys like Phil Davis prove this wrong.

The dude moved well and knew how to land his big strikes. He was fluid. Saying he flung wild haymakers and telegraphed kicks is admitting you don't know what the fuck you're watching.

His striking style is odd and he squares his stance a lot but he has a good head kick and puts combinations together nicely. Maybe not as polished as say Gus but his physical gifts are the corner stone to his wins

lol@ the new prospects being "too athletic" for Rumble.

Walker so far seems very dangerous and he's a big lhw. Id give him a shot at knocking rumble out.
but rumble would destroy the rest of your list.

Volkan is not an exciting prospect anymore imo.

Walker so far seems very dangerous and he's a big lhw. Id give him a shot at knocking rumble out.
but rumble would destroy the rest of your list.

AJ's never been knocked out, and Walker ain't gonna do it. Sorry, but it's hard to traumatize a brain with a skull that big.
DnK72VKVsAAg0NG.jpg:large

It's a bit early to say but I think Walker would stand a chance. He has massive size over Rumble and haswfinished every single one of his fights in the first round thus far via strikes, just like Rumble used to, and he has a lethal clinch game which he can fall back on if all else fails to boot.

Before rumble got fat?

Smash them all. Absolutely. Except DC an Jon of course.

People forget how dangerous he was at that weight.

Rumble via murder. Rumble vs prime Rampage - that's the fight I'd love to see

Back