How would Kostya Tszyu vs Mayweather?

4n4L53x

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I remember growing up in Australia and seeing Kostya tear it up.

I don't think he could of beat Mayweather, but I think it would of been a better fight than most of Mayweathers opponents

He would have gotten knocked out...

Kostya is one of my favorites but Floyd dominates him. To many angles, to elusive and to fast for Kostya to offer any type of offense.

Harder fight than people think. Expect Floyd to lose a couple of early round and probably figure Kostya out.

Kinda hard to say because Tszyu did well against slick boxers, but Floyd is just head and shoulders above any of Tszyu's opponents. And 140 was probably what would have been Floyd's best weight if he had stayed there longer.

Probably a solid Floyd UD win, maybe even a late stoppage.

Tszyu is one of the most grossly overrated fighters of the last two decades.

I know its crazy why people hype him up so much. I mean Tszyu became the first man in 30 years to unify the belts in the Junior Welter Weight division.
KO'd Zab in 2 rounds, and that zab is still pestering fighters today.

I dont know why that man is so hyped

Floyd would respect his power but in the end would be too fast, too good, too sharp. Floyd would start slow but steamroll the second half.

Also, TS, in the other thread you state that Floyd would "SMOKE" Hearns and Leonard, yet you wonder how he would do against Kostya? Please, tell me how Tzsyu would fair against Hearns and SLR

I think if they fought around 2001/2002 Kostya would of beat him, Floyd was smaller and not as good. Prime vs prime then Floyd all the way.

I know its crazy why people hype him up so much. I mean Tszyu became the first man in 30 years to unify the belts in the Junior Welter Weight division.
KO'd Zab in 2 rounds, and that zab is still pestering fighters today.

I dont know why that man is so hyped

and the man is a mixture of russian, korean and mongolian...badass

I think if they fought around 2001/2002 Kostya would of beat him, Floyd was smaller and not as good. Prime vs prime then Floyd all the way.

Floyd was getting pushed around by the stronger fighters he fought prior to his first hiatus and Tszyu was solid and sturdy plus he had a great sense of timing and underrated handspeed and accuracy he would of landed at some point and that literally was all he needed would of been a tense bout until the conclusion

Good fight.. I got FLoyd..but good fight

This has always been one of my dream fights. Tszyu fought slick boxers well...he had GREAT timing and dynamite in both hands. He also was technically a great fighter...to go along with his excellent physical conditioning and power. Floyd actually had a lot of respect for Tszyu ...always spoke highly of him. It would have been a great fight. In the end...i think Floyd would have won a close one.

Floyd was having hand problems during Tszyu's reign but his footspeed was a notch quicker than they are today, which tells me Floyd would have been on his bicycle the entire fight and win a snoozer

Quite possibly one of the ugliest fights that could have been for Floyd, healthy hands or not, he would have feared and respected Zoo too much.

Floyd outboxes Kostya to a decision, uses his Kostya's agression against him later on.

Back