How would Daniel Cormier deal with Brock Lesnar's wrestling?

woloo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

I'm just talking about their ground game.

No doubt DC is an olympic athlete, but Brock weighs more and is stronger/bigger. Brock is known for his good ground game, too. With Brock having strength advantage, would DC have problems? DC couldn't handle well with Jon Jones in the wrestling department. He barely took JJ down like he did with other opponents.

A solid right hand would be my guess. Half the fun of Lesnar fighting is seeing how his opponents deal with the Vanilla gorilla rushing in for a takedown.

Brock is a going away present from uncle Dana.

DC is impossible to control or hold down, Brock doesn’t have the cardio to drive non stop round after round.

Steel chairs aren't allowed in MMA, so he should be fine

DC is impossible to control or hold down, Brock doesn’t have the cardio to drive non stop round after round.
Do we really know that? Jones was taking DC down just to prove a point, not to make it a wrestling match.

Same way Cain did. Does Brock even train mma on a regular basis like DC does?

Do we really know that? Jones was taking DC down just to prove a point, not to make it a wrestling match.
DC has been taken down by several people, Jones, Gus, Rumble and Stipe but is back up and back to an equal position without fail in seconds. DC doesn’t fight with defending takedowns in mind because he’s so confident in his ability to improve position and escape.

DC has been taken down by several people, Jones, Gus, Rumble and Stipe but is back up and back to an equal position without fail in seconds. DC doesn’t fight with defending takedowns in mind because he’s so confident in his ability to improve position and escape.
None of them are wrestlers/grapplers so DC obviously had an advantage there.

Knock Lesnar the fuck out with contemptuous ease...at any moment of his choosing. Then DC can collect a decent paycheck.

Jarl

Uppercuts in the clinch then breakdancing time

None of them are wrestlers/grapplers so DC obviously had an advantage there.
Stipe, Rumble and Jones all have a wrestling background. Jones is a better grappler than a striker I think.

Stipe, Rumble and Jones all have a wrestling background. Jones is a better grappler than a striker I think.

I think it's Jones' knee and kicks which bothered DC.

DC is impossible to control or hold down, Brock doesn’t have the cardio to drive non stop round after round

And combine this with the fact that Brock can't deal with being punched, which DC does quite well, and I think it's a mismatch. But after this weekend what the hell do I know? :cool:

I think the question should be how Brock deals with DCs wrestling.

Lol- hed deal with it - via his own wrestling not to mention hes 20x the fighter that Lesnar is.

He would deal with his wrestling by using MMA. This is not a wrestling competition. Miesha outgrappled the fuck out of an olympian Mcmann. By using MMA.<Y2JSmirk>

DC wont even need his wrestling game,he can outbox Brock without a problem,not talking
about the dirty boxing in the clinch,easy KO for DC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back